Boise Blast

Vanguard deserves more attention than they have been getting. That show is amazing on every level. Being the only elite corps at a show is obviously going to yield somewhat unpredictable scores, whether we like it or not, but I personally think they are every bit as "good" as Crown. It doesn't surprise me that they are climbing into the elite top grouping.

Vanguard deserves more attention than they have been getting. That show is amazing on every level. Being the only elite corps at a show is obviously going to yield somewhat unpredictable scores, whether we like it or not, but I personally think they are every bit as "good" as Crown. It doesn't surprise me that they are climbing into the elite top grouping.

Vanguard and 'Force of Nature' will soon be discovered. Ogden tonight is a good lineup (see below). DATR coming Saturday and on it goes. SCV has a medal contending show this year. My favorite from this corps since I became a fan.

There is nuance in the show and they must SELL SELL SELL.

Corps Encore (Ogden UT) lineup:

Seattle Cascades - Seattle, WA 9:32 p.m.

Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR 9:49 p.m.

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA 10:06 p.m.

Blue Devils - Concord, CA 10:23 p.m.

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Edited by luv4corps

From the show last night in Boise (Kuna), Vanguard was the clear winner and performed wonderfully. The setup and staging of their program will get them quite far. From comments here, I think they are more like Cadets with a clear show theme that has translated quite well. Not throwing shade on Cadets, but I do wonder if they wouldn't be better off with a show like Force of Nature.

Last night's shows also featured the tiniest MM I've ever seen, from Thunder (Spokane). That mellophone bell practically covered the entire top half of their body. Also the tiniest corps I've seen with 4 (!) guard members. Their drill was really ambitious for a small corps, but they did well with it.

Other corps notes: Battalion were obviously new but seem well organized for the future. Everyone should see Clash (Columbians), at least once. Cascades had a really sweet brass release that left the audience gasping. The OC won the pillow fight for second at the show, the violin was classy. Many jokes about the uniforms, but the show worked with them.

Edited by Bandoleer

From the show last night in Boise (Kuna), Vanguard was the clear winner and performed wonderfully. The setup and staging of their program will get them quite far. From comments here, I think they are more like Cadets with a clear show theme that has translated quite well. Not throwing shade on Cadets, but I do wonder if they wouldn't be better off with a show like Force of Nature.

Last night's shows also featured the tiniest MM I've ever seen, from Thunder (Spokane). That mellophone bell practically covered the entire top half of their body. Also the tiniest corps I've seen with 4 (!) guard members. Their drill was really ambitious for a small corps, but they did well with it.

Other corps notes: Battalion were obviously new but seem well organized for the future. Everyone should see Clash (Columbians), at least once. Cascades had a really sweet brass release that left the audience gasping. The OC won the pillow fight for second at the show, the violin was classy. Many jokes about the uniforms, but the show worked with them.

Actually OC features a viola - but you wouldn't be the first to think it were a violin! The uniforms DO work with this show. Glad you mentioned that. They are, shall we say, ahem, artistically ambitious. The Columbians perform the heck out of their show and who isn't grinning ear to ear the whole time - with a complete aaaaahh when the bus rolls out?

I can't wait til the webcast on Saturday to see these shows.

:D

Wish Battalion could have made it two more days to Denver.

Don't miss the Columbians!!!

I can't wait til the webcast on Saturday to see these shows.

:D

Wish Battalion could have made it two more days to Denver.

Yeah, Battalion has a good show. I spoke with their concessions folks last night and they're practically out of their most popular gear. They didn't expect the kind of demand for gear from the new corps.

Yeah, Battalion has a good show. I spoke with their concessions folks last night and they're practically out of their most popular gear. They didn't expect the kind of demand for gear from the new corps.

Since they are wearing uniforms from Boston, this shortage reminds me of how Boston came up short of souvie's during finals week recently.

I do agree with you that SCV is vastly underrated this season, and that they are currently getting very little hype here on DCP. I have only seen the show on the live stream from the Stanford show, but I did like what I saw and heard a lot on my first glimpse at the show.

• Like 1