percussion judges in drill

And I am impressed not only with your passion, but that you really can hear and see everything, missing nothing, live from where you sit, and you can back that up by telling us that you did watch that tenor-cam vid!!! :poke:

Nope...never watched a tenor cam. And yep...I can hear everything the Coats line is playing right from the stands. Just like they intended me to.

straw man? hardly -- kids changing their sets to avoid collisions happen ALL the time. and those can cascade in to further incidents.

you guys really have blinders on WRT to percussion judges. it's pretty amazing. hardly notice? roflol

i've marched in case you have forgotten....dodged a judge here and there.

only time i made contact with a judge was a T&P guy wandering aimlessly around by the sideline.

unless you know someone that planned to sue for a judge actually hitting a kid, you're the one really making the strawman argument about liability. As field judges have been around for forever, it's a known fact they will be there, and there may be some close calls. Kids yell at judges to warn them. Judges also warn kids if need be. And in the scope of the activity, and in the 20+ pages in this thread and the hundreds on other threads on this subject over the years, NOT ONCE has anyone given an example where a judge caused an injury to a kid. NOT ONCE.

yet I here have given proof where just in the last 6 years, a field judge....who if on the sideline could not have gone there....prevented more serious injuries.

• Like 1

only time i made contact with a judge was a T&P guy wandering aimlessly around by the sideline.

unless you know someone that planned to sue for a judge actually hitting a kid, you're the one really making the strawman argument about liability. As field judges have been around for forever, it's a known fact they will be there, and there may be some close calls. Kids yell at judges to warn them. Judges also warn kids if need be. And in the scope of the activity, and in the 20+ pages in this thread and the hundreds on other threads on this subject over the years, NOT ONCE has anyone given an example where a judge caused an injury to a kid. NOT ONCE.

yet I here have given proof where just in the last 6 years, a field judge....who if on the sideline could not have gone there....prevented more serious injuries.

Those darn TP judges just wondering around. Lol.

When the activity has been doing exactly that for over 40 years with no serious collisions, any unfortunate collision now would be most definitely ruled an "unfortunate accident", don't you think?

Is 40 years long enough to "wait for something bad to happen" to call it an accident when it does?

It seems you're really stretching now.

(All in good fun, of course. Even if you are wrong, of course.)

agreed. all this doom and gloom.....why...

do i let my kid ride a bike? she MAY fall off. then again she MAY NOT.

i drive my car to work every day. Some day, some lunatic COULD hit me. Then again, they may not.

I was about to make a Trump analogy in humor, but i know politics are frowned upon and worse, that actually has a likely chance of happening so I won't

:tounge2:

but seriously...coulda, woulda, maybe, could be, may be, it's slightly possible...i'm seeing a lot of hand wringing and fear for something that's in all actuality, not very likely

what would a reasonable person conclude after watching a percussion judge on the field? that's all you need.

besides you know very well kids run into staff (who know the drill better) and get hurt all the time,

all i do is repeat myself in this thread. im ready to bail -- tired of typing the same things and no one apparently able to read them

Edited by corpsband

No DCI drum lines are gonna dumb down parts.

They will dumb down the parts if they are not getting credit for the execution of complex writing, and simpler writing is receiving higher GE scores up top (again see BOA). This activity, whether DCI or BOA, is all about maximizing the score; and DCI is going full-speed toward it is more about maximizing GE Body Motion backed up with artistic sound interpretation, than it is about a symbiotic balance between Motion and Music.

you think it hasn't happened on the practice field? lol

so techs, who know the drill get hit or hit the kids...

but yet no stories about it happening to judges.

i hope that tech has liability coverage

and btw you still have not answered the question.

I'll post it again.

Do you think performers who are doing things that don't contribute to the ensemble effort musically or visually should be credited with contributing? As far as I can tell, everything the brass and guard and FE do is contributing in some way.

how do you credit what you don't hear?