percussion judges in drill

I didn't run into a judge but the field vis guy at one show had taught me at a different corps. Freaked me out. I almost ticked. Almost....lol.

i once chatted with the field vis guy during the ballad. every time he saw us, he'd come over to the basses during the ballad when we were backfield. third time i finally said "back again TB? we worked this part today because we figured you'd be back"

he laughed and said "yeah ####, it's clean now, i'll go harras the snares. See you in 2 weeks"

no -- you haven't read most of the thread.

i see you all at home thinking about drum judges on the perimeter...

7aNnwKb.png

actually when i log off for the night, i'll be thinking about the 5 loans closing tomorrow and how to spend the money. probably on ways to harass you

i do however feel that if liability is a concern on the field, it's because of the visual insanity getting upped more and more, and kids keep getting hurt trying it.

Yep!!! A marching member received an injury called a compound fracture, not because of running into a judge, but due to a whip moving drill; a DCI judge has received....... what injury?

Mike.....stand on the sideline.

oh look, there's amps around me. oh and all that brass too.

and as i've addressed this earlier in the thread, you won't hear much unless they're right in front of you. take it from someone who has tried to read percussion sections from the sideline...because....you'll laugh...i looked and saw that drill at that moment wasn't one i wanted to wade into.

half this season had perc judges in the box only.

the days are numbered. because i said so.

it's been fun but it's late and i just channel flipped to Jaws. D##N IT.

i once chatted with the field vis guy during the ballad. every time he saw us, he'd come over to the basses during the ballad when we were backfield. third time i finally said "back again TB? we worked this part today because we figured you'd be back"

he laughed and said "yeah ####, it's clean now, i'll go harras the snares. See you in 2 weeks"

Hahahaha...I remember those days talking to judges. I am old enough to have marched when ticks were still around. Had one judge point at me and look like he was gonna put a mark down. Then we played the next lick so clean he forgot about, laughed and went back up front. Lol. Miss those days.

Edited by auldschool

Oh nice. You are friends with him? His book this year is great. And amazingly enough you can hear it. Incredible:) Didn't Tom march Cadets in the early 90s btw?

yeah, he did. his dad and my dad marched together way back in Westshore, plus went to same HS Tom graduated from ( what a monser percussion program they used to have at Carlisle) and as a result we've known each other from birth. and as my tailgate area is with Hershman and crew, often Bloo staff come over. or i'll tag him on the sick vids on facebook and tell him to chill, i can't keep up. he's a great judge too....he ran a tape on my old team at WGI a few years ago that was awesome. couldn't argue a thing. he got what we wanted him to get, and sadly, he got what we hoped he'd miss. was lucky enough to run a tape on his old HS team a bunch of years ago.

You know this how?

Because contrary to all of our delusions, this activity is about winning not about music. While Rennick and Johnson are, in my opinion, two of the greatest writers in DCI, do you really think that they would not dumb-down the battery books if more simple writing from other corps was scoring higher and winning DCI?

Edited by Stu

For Stu's sanity...when you see Paul ask him if he gives a crap what the drum judges think when he writes his percussion book. Could you add that to your report;)

I don't know Paul, so if i saw him, i'd probably just Wayne's World it and drop to me knees and say i'm not worthy

half this season had perc judges in the box only.

the days are numbered. because i said so.

it's been fun but it's late and i just channel flipped to Jaws. D##N IT.

sorry you dont get to make the rules.