Blue Devil's Blue Tarp

As a self admitted homer, I agree that getting rid of the thing is an eye sore and unworthy of this design team and the members. Crown's tarp things were still a bit awkward, but handled in a more creative and sophisticated way. With the ending change on their list, I am not sure this will get fixed. However, if a plan to fix it and the ending were in place prior to Allentown, they have plenty of time. To fix it and add a major wow to the beginning and end of the show, it could make the difference in placement.

I see the center backdrops closing as the tarp passes thru allowing the guard a few seconds to restage the tarp around the backfield drum major. Overall adds to GE and I personally love it!

....or Katie Ledecky pulls a Clara moment and backstrokes thru the tempest breaking her own Rio Olympic time. (She's 19!)

• Like 1

So they finally placated us and, while the discarded tarp is still visible backfield, they now drape it artistically over the rolling bin they bring it out with, and then place the white boat on it.

And it works just fine. It now looks like it has a purpose as a set piece, rather than a giant mass of unwanted blue carcass.

Thank you BD staff, from the peanut gallery! :colgate:

• Like 1