Blue Devil's Blue Tarp

It drives me crazy, this tarp thing. It seems bando to me. If it did something really cool once the wave effect was done, then I would be all about it. Could it pull apart into 8 or so pieces and then be carried off to the back, using them as flags of sort with out a pole?

There is a lot of other stuff going on, but this is a huge piece of fabric being piled up and it takes too long. I can't help stare at it the entire exit time.

Please change this and the ending.

Has the word gone out from the Concord office as Gibbs and Emmons depart that BD lovers must start more threads to underscore their show to make certain their scores climb into gold?

Certainly seems to be a lot in a brief time, particularly from rare posters. So quiet all season and then a media barage. Mere coincidence?

(Responses will typically follow: a) BD is just that great line and/or b) nobody has won as many as they have or c) looking for the elusive three-peat.

My guess is that the fabric doesn't do much to the score. It might give a slight score boost, but who knows. I love your idea about claiming the sea. I don't think the ocean being dragged backfield is elegant, but I don't think it's really distracting with everything going on.

Points aside, it makes a big difference in how much I enjoy the show. It's such a cool moment. I'm glad they're doing it, even if it hinders the score slightly.

It's one of two design ideas in the show that seem to make a dramatic connection with the audience (the other being the whirlpool/hurricane idea). BD is always going to max out technique scores, but GE is where they are behind. Their creative directors have always done a great job of setting up the concept of their shows in the first minute, and while it may work without it, it's a big "a ha" moment that clearly defines the context for everything else after it.

I'd keep it, and simply do the best you can to minimize the take-down of it. Ideally, you'd find a way to make the act of its removal another GE moment.

Has the word gone out from the Concord office as Gibbs and Emmons depart that BD lovers must start more threads to underscore their show to make certain their scores climb into gold?

Certainly seems to be a lot in a brief time, particularly from rare posters. So quiet all season and then a media barage. Mere coincidence?

(Responses will typically follow: a) BD is just that great line and/or b) nobody has won as many as they have or c) looking for the elusive three-peat.

But no one reads DCP, remember?

You also forgot one predictable response: BD don't need no DCP.

Edited by MikeRapp

I think the wave effect is fantastic (and no, it is not like Crown's tarps, which functioned as a cloak over the action). What BD is doing is quite different, with the line of people running under it to lift just the advancing wave portion. Bonus is how the girl with the boat gets picked up by it as well.

They can't pull it off to the front by the pit as it would be in the way of numerous other drill sets and the trombones are also positioned there on stands.

Everyone (including me) seems to hate the mess it becomes in the back. It's not really the way it is pulled backside, as much as how the carcass is just dumped by the rear drum major. Since you can see it between the props the whole time, this is a problem. Even just a shorter backdrop of some sort to stick it behind would solve this. Fingers crossed....

I can't imagine that the staff doesn't see the distraction this causes, but we shall see. They haven't found a way to put shakos back on least some of the joined line of folks that creates the initial ripple around the boat, and that has lost some effect without the white plumes.

I've been a fan of the tarp. But as someone posted earlier, the one gripe I have about it is the darned shape. I dislike the shape. It's why when I first saw a picture of it, I didn't like it. It's only after they bring movement to it that it becomes effective. So yes, the rectangle does lose it on me and looks WGI/Indoor. I am not sure if it adds up to an increased score - and if that's the case, then I guess the net effect of the tarp is inconsequential.

WHO KILLED KENNEDY??