2017 PREDICTIONS!

I have heard The Cadets choir and they are highly talented singers. There is no doubt in my mind that the Cadets singing section will be a very strong Corps section this season for The Cadets. Also, a talented Choir such as the one they have can add depth, nuance, and texture to the Corps chosen theme for this season ( Bernstein's " Mass "), imo.

Edited by BRASSO

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I have heard The Cadets choir and they are highly talented singers. There is no doubt in my mind that the Cadets singing section will be a very strong Corps section this season for The Cadets. Also, a talented Choir such as the one they have can add depth, nuance, and texture to the Corps chosen theme for this season ( Bernstein's " Mass "), imo.

I get where you are coming from. I admit it is a personal preference for me - I don't like any vocalizations in drum corps. I will admit I felt the opening vocals in Crown's 2013 show were pretty cool, but the ballad - no thank you. I have no doubt they are highly talented. I guess we will see what happens.

Just now, henry7184 said:

I get where you are coming from. I admit it is a personal preference for me - I don't like any vocalizations in drum corps. I will admit I felt the opening vocals in Crown's 2013 show were pretty cool, but the ballad - no thank you. I have no doubt they are highly talented. I guess we will see what happens.

The 2017 DCI season should an intriguing one, and on so many fronts too.

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Imma make another one.  Cavaliers top 4.  

Who are they going to knock out? I think people are over-hyping them after last season. It was a great season for them, and the design of that show really helped elevate them. I don't think they had a sudden massive increase in talent between 2015 and 2016, I think it was the design of the show that helped the performers give an outstanding performance. It's all going to depend the design this year. I see them 5th - 7th again. I don't see any of last years top 4 falling out of the top 4. If anything, I see them increasing the spread between 4 and 5.

18 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Who are they going to knock out? I think people are over-hyping them after last season. It was a great season for them, and the design of that show really helped elevate them. I don't think they had a sudden massive increase in talent between 2015 and 2016, I think it was the design of the show that helped the performers give an outstanding performance. It's all going to depend the design this year. I see them 5th - 7th again. I don't see any of last years top 4 falling out of the top 4. If anything, I see them increasing the spread between 4 and 5.

I'm not over hyping anything.  I'm just forming my own personal opinion based off of a few things I feel like they're doing very well after only one season together as a staff.  

• Bouncing off that they hit it off REALLY well as a team for their first year recovering from 2015s 9th place finish.  They seem incredibly in touch  with what works now and really in tune with how to design a show based off the corps strengths and weaknesses.  They know who and what they are VERY well and obviously have some fantastic chemistry.  
  • They have staff consistency, with good staff.  Blue Devils and Bluecoats are my top two until something changes because they have teams that are doing things that work and are not fixing what's not broken.  I think this team remaining together will do great things because they have chemistry.  I'm certainly open to Carolina Crown proving me wrong but they lost EVERYTHING on the visual side of things.  Rant and rave about brass all you want but they wouldn't have been a sneeze out of 2nd place without their color guard and visual performance, as well as an outstanding choreographer for the hornline.  They're completely rebuilding that part of the corps.  Who they have coming in are fantastic and could hit it off really well but I'm just cautious when something like that happens.  (I don't see long term damage, just some time to recover).  
  • I like the theme and list of composers.  I think they have a potentially fantastic mix of stuff with a theme that has tons of great possibilities.
  • It's a gut feeling, I just feel good about them.
  • I want some mixing up of the norm.
  • I like them.

Ok.  The last three are pointless, but predictions are fun.  They're a little what you want, a little what you feel, with some facts/thoughts/opinions as to why you feel that way thrown in too.  I'm not saying I'm right this will 100% happen but I can certainly see a road there.  People get so feisty like someone kicked their dog when they don't agree with someone else on this thread......

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Imma make another one.  Cavaliers top 4.  

Yes, this would not surprise me. They have been on a steady upward placement trajectory of late, and they do have a stable staff situation now that could help them move up, if their show design  continues to improve.

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm not over hyping anything.  I'm just forming my own personal opinion based off of a few things I feel like they're doing very well after only one season together as a staff.  

• Bouncing off that they hit it off REALLY well as a team for their first year recovering from 2015s 9th place finish.  They seem incredibly in touch  with what works now and really in tune with how to design a show based off the corps strengths and weaknesses.  They know who and what they are VERY well and obviously have some fantastic chemistry.  
  • They have staff consistency, with good staff.  Blue Devils and Bluecoats are my top two until something changes because they have teams that are doing things that work and are not fixing what's not broken.  I think this team remaining together will do great things because they have chemistry.  I'm certainly open to Carolina Crown proving me wrong but they lost EVERYTHING on the visual side of things.  Rant and rave about brass all you want but they wouldn't have been a sneeze out of 2nd place without their color guard and visual performance, as well as an outstanding choreographer for the hornline.  They're completely rebuilding that part of the corps.  Who they have coming in are fantastic and could hit it off really well but I'm just cautious when something like that happens.  (I don't see long term damage, just some time to recover).  
  • I like the theme and list of composers.  I think they have a potentially fantastic mix of stuff with a theme that has tons of great possibilities.
  • It's a gut feeling, I just feel good about them.
  • I want some mixing up of the norm.
  • I like them.

Ok.  The last three are pointless, but predictions are fun.  They're a little what you want, a little what you feel, with some facts/thoughts/opinions as to why you feel that way thrown in too.  I'm not saying I'm right this will 100% happen but I can certainly see a road there.  

I didn't specifically say you were hyping them :) I also didn't say it was not possible. I think if that design had been anything less last year, they would have placed lower. I also thought the same things about the Scouts after 2015, but was wrong there. Who knows.

I just think none of last year's top 4 are going to drop out. We will see what happens with Crown, but you are right - they had a great colorguard and visual program this year. Brass would not be enough to keep them top 4. We will see, I guess. But, yes, predictions are fun.

I too see a great future for the Cavaliers. Whether it happens this year, or next, or the next, I am sure they are headed in the right direction.