BD-when was the last time...

dont let these salty bd honks bait you :-)

Next time, I won't sit next to you in a theater. :tongue:

• Like 1

I never thought this averaging thing was a good idea. It just leads to participation medals. Oh wait they already do that. Let's see what you got on finals night instead of Oh we should win the super bowl because of our average score so where is my participation medal. Why not average the whole season. (that is coming next)

did I mention we have a B corps that whoops A corps?

I never thought this averaging thing was a good idea. It just leads to participation medals. Oh wait they already do that. Let's see what you got on finals night instead of Oh we should win the super bowl because of our average score so where is my participation medal. Why not average the whole season. (that is coming next)

did I mention we have a B corps that whoops A corps?

NFL reference is invalid. They don't get judge to get their score.

"they did not take a caption award at "finals"?" can be read two ways. Sorry, but it can. No award/trophy/whatever (again, based partly on two shows not held on Saturday night)... but they certainly did win a caption or two AT FINALS.

AT FINALS. See OP above. :tongue:

And I'm not whining at all that BD didn't win. Not even close. Don't put words in my mouth. I already use enough words. :ninja:

It was the Bluecoats' world this summer... the rest of the corps were just living in it. LOL. They are a great corps. A good friend has ties to that organization, and I am very happy for him.

honestly i think the "no captions" thing is grinding some folks more than 2nd place.

Not me. Glad the Bluecoats got their first title!!!

• Like 1

"they did not take a caption award at "finals"?" can be read two ways. Sorry, but it can. No award/trophy/whatever (again, based partly on two shows not held on Saturday night)... but they certainly did win a caption or two AT FINALS.

AT FINALS. See OP above. :tongue:

And I'm not whining at all that BD didn't win. Not even close. Don't put words in my mouth. I already use enough words. :ninja:

It was the Bluecoats' world this summer... the rest of the corps were just living in it. LOL. They are a great corps. A good friend has ties to that organization, and I am very happy for him.

No. It can't.

They don't give awards for captions won only on finals night. So no, they didn't win a caption AWARD that night. They won a CAPTION and NO AWARD was given to them.

So from now on, say they won the CAPTION on finals night.

Don't say they won a caption AWARD on finals night.

They didn't receive a single award except 2nd place.

Get over it.

Not whining? The fact that you keep going says otherwise.

Edited by UKSuperman

was it flawless? I heard several issues in the trumpets (which has been commented about on other threads, outside of DCP as well as within), there were intonation troubles toward the end as well.. The guard had a few issues. I love the Devils, but Saturday was their "rough night" and it happens to all.. as I heard the intonation problems, and timing quirks in the high brass, all I could think was "what the hell Devils? you never falter on finals night!"

no it wasn't even close. it was about as good as the semis run. (just re-watched it again -- thx reddit :-) there were lots of tics. BD never seemed to reach that finals sparkle we're all so familiar with.

Not whining? The fact that you keep going says otherwise.

Not really.

Your needlessly smarmy responses just pushed my "Jersey guy" buttons, that's all. 33 years living in that state, until 1991... it doesn't go away easily. :tongue:

Yours was conduct well beneath what I would expect from a superhero. LOL

One thing you don't know about me (actually, there are a lot of things, obviously).... I don't have a strong enough rooting interest in any corps to care whether they win or lose, bottom line. Whatever a given drum corps does, or doesn't do, has zero impact on my life. It's just a fun thing to watch. On all levels for me.

• Like 1