BD-when was the last time...

But we're the awards based on Saturday night only?

Nope.

Average of all 3 nights equals the winner of said award.

So no, the Devils in Blue did not win a single caption award this year.

I'll split hairs here....

The OP said "no caption awards at Finals."

No, since the awards were based on three nights of performances, and announced at Finals.

But yes, BD did win captions Saturday night.

So... I will take the time now to award them those caption wins. :innocent:

Here's to the Blue Devils... winners of the visual and guard captions at the 2016 DCI Finals. :thumbup:

The other two nights... whatever. :tongue:

• Like 1

I'll split hairs here....

The OP said "no caption awards at Finals."

No, since the awards were based on three nights of performances, and announced at Finals.

But yes, BD did win captions Saturday night.

So... I will take the time now to award them those caption wins. :innocent:

Here's to the Blue Devils... winners of the visual and guard captions at the 2016 DCI Finals. :thumbup:

The other two nights... whatever. :tongue:

Because the caption awards were given on finals night. Not because they were based on finals night. So no, they didn't win any awards. Give them what you will, we know who won.

Because the caption awards were given on finals night. Not because they were based on finals night. So no, they didn't win any awards. Give them what you will, we know who won.

dont let these salty bd honks bait you :-) you'll notice they crowed about winning these very same captions in previous years and you didn't hear them complaining about how they were calculated. it's all part of the off-season. i'd be disappointed if they *weren't* bringing it up!

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

yea nice try. Put it back to how it was and we will see.

Warriors should have won because on the average....No you deliver on FINALS that is how you win.

dont let these salty bd honks bait you :-) you'll notice they crowed about winning these very same captions in previous years and you didn't hear them complaining about how they were calculated. it's all part of the off-season. i'd be disappointed if they *weren't* bringing it up!

Oh I'm not. I was done with the whole thing with that statement.

Devils in Blue didn't have the best concept this year, which filtered into the scoring.

I'll tell their fans the same thing that The Cadets fans are telling themselves.

Try again next year.

BD is a proven dynasty. 2014 aside, over the last 2 seasons, they shown themselves to be human - which is healthy for DCI. They've certainly set the bar high for the activity and have helped bring out the best of their peer competitors. I get the sense, however, that BD has gotten the "bump" last year and this year. Even still, we've had competition over the past 2 years like we haven't seen in quite awhile.

I'll take that over "it's BD and then everyone else" any day, any year.