Two Unrelated Curiosity Questions

1) Academy-Did the pit players actually play those things around their necks...or were they just for effect?

2) Boston-Is it pronounced Qui "hot" ic, or Qui "sot" ic? I heard it pronounced both ways on the WebCasts...I lean toward the first one...

Thanks!

• Like 1

1) Academy-Did the pit players actually play those things around their necks...or were they just for effect?

2) Boston-Is it pronounced Qui "hot" ic, or Qui "sot" ic? I heard it pronounced both ways on the WebCasts...I lean toward the first one...

Thanks!

Y E S ! G-Rott, they most certainly DID play their custom designed "XYLOBONES". Thanks for asking.....and man what an Effect! Just another one of THE ACADEMY's Annual, and perhaps most anticipated, front ensemble features each and every season. I invite you to check out their other pit features from 2014 & 2015. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Thanks..for both answers....

Why is it not Don Kwick-sodee?

I thought it was key-ho-tic all this time.

Edited by c mor

The nerd in me has a possible answer. Quixote is an actual Spanish name, so it carries its original pronunciation.

The adjective form quixotic was an english invention, so us dumb english speakers demanded we butcher the original pronunciation to fit our dumb mouths. :silly:

• Like 2

... because he's not French ?

The nerd in me has a possible answer. Quixote is an actual Spanish name, so it carries its original pronunciation.

The adjective form quixotic was an english invention, so us dumb english speakers demanded we butcher the original pronunciation to fit our dumb mouths. :silly:

Que?

• Like 2