Carolina Crown 2017

And why are you saying this? Who is saying this? Do you have a kid in the corps or know some staff? Thus is quite a statement so I'm sure you have good sources that will back this stuff up right...

That's been said several times before...I don't think it's "quite a statement".

• Like 1

What hyperbole are you talking about?

"the GE and visual design was not very good"

well -- not very good seems like you're calling it bad to me. and the show finished 5th -- hard to characterize that as bad.

but i agree the design had flaws. and certainly the performers carried the design.

Edited by corpsband

All this discussion of staff changes and how they might effect Crown remind me of a fact. In 2014, Crown put on a show with Trampolines and pods and finished 5th!!! With THE SAME staff they had the year before when they won finals. Yes they still had a great brass section who finished just behind BD and they marched well. But the GE and visual design was not very good.

Why do people on DCP seem to have trouble reading? I never referred to the design as 'crappy'. Wow.

Simple Definition of crappy: of poor quality : not good
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

"the GE and visual design was not very good"

well -- not very good seems like you're calling it bad to me. and the show finished 5th -- hard to characterize that as bad.

but i agree the design had flaws. and in certainly the performers carried the design.

It was bad. The trampolines were an awful idea. They probably sounded good in the meetings but they were the worst thing on the field that summer in my opinion. And didn't they rewrite that guard book over and over? And it never worked. The only thing that saved that show was the brassline.