Carolina Crown 2017

I'm leaning to credit the exodus to a rift between the only part of the Staff that is still there and all others who have departed. In staff circles it has long been heard that Crown Brass alienate themselves with their Baseball jerseys and general "cockiness" (deserved in this case) when it comes to their section and their sections credit to Crown's success (undeserved IMO).

After years of the same behavior, It can be easy to see why there can be some built up tension and animosity from other factions of the staff towards Crown Brass.

Maybe word spread in the DCI circles late in the season and the approach was made to give the other staff "their way out".

As an instructor myself, You know first hand that if you are going to spend months of your life traveling with a group of people that are your colleagues and you feel unappreciated or there is animosity, You start to question why you are there and why are you going through times not fully enjoying what you are doing. Many times this is what leads to people changing jobs when you are already at what is considered the top of the activity.

Not Money.

Occam's Razor.

I always thought that " money " was not the true answer as to why so many CC staff left immediately after this season was over either. You probably have it right... money certainly a factor, but behind the scenes tension, discord was present also that prompted this unprecedented one year exodus of so many key instructional and design staff from a top tier DCI Corps, like this. It probably was a multi faceted reason,..just as you are saying, Occam's Razor.

Edited by BRASSO

Why is Carolina Crown not in the financial position to match what Boston Crusaders are wiling to pay their staff now ?

I did also say that the working environment may not have been optimal under the Coates or as another poster mentioned, inter staff tensions between those that fled and the one caption that's left standing..

Seems Crown's ten year rise to glory MAY be experiencing a temporary rebuilding period as we've seen with other great corps over the years (Cavies, Cadets) to name the most recent to fall from grace. Cavies are further along in their rebuild process.

Edited by Tobias

Seems Crown's ten year rise to glory MAY be experiencing a temporary rebuilding period as we've seen with other great corps over the years (Cavies, Cadets) to name the most recent to fall from grace. Cavies are further along in their rebuild process.

or...not! let's just wait and see who rolls in to fill in for all those unhappy souls at Crown. must have been crushing to win those captions and a bronze medal. guess they just wanted (wait for it) the gold stuff!

Edited by corpsband

I did also say that the working environment may not have been optimal under the Coates or as another poster mentioned, inter staff tensions between those that fled and the one caption that's left standing..

I did not see that at first... but do now, Tobias. This multifacted reason for the mass exodus does seem most plausable. incidentally, I do wish CC the best during these trying times, and in their transition period. CC still has Michael Klesch, and he is my favorite Drum Corps Brass Writer in all of DCI...he writes wonderful arrangements, and fan friendly too.

Edited by BRASSO

Time's a ticking, The longer it goes without an announcement the more it seems to me that they are either having trouble filling the spots with their first options, or they are patiently waiting to try and catch a big fish or fishes.

But soon without a staff in place MM's from the prominent SW groups and IW that commonly follow their respective staffs will have to look elsewhere. Auditions are only two months away, And plane tickets need to be bought.

Time's a ticking, The longer it goes without an announcement the more it seems to me that they are either having trouble filling the spots with their first options, or they are patiently waiting to try and catch a big fish or fishes.

But soon without a staff in place MM's from the prominent SW groups and IW that commonly follow their respective staffs will have to look elsewhere. Auditions are only two months away, And plane tickets need to be bought.

d3imR8R.png

Edited by corpsband

tumblr_n5l6m9NIEJ1rfu7ebo1_500.gif

Going with Occam's Razor here again. The most logical answer is usually the answer.

But hey they could land Gaines and all of that would change.... but unless that happens Time is an enemy to the perception of what is going on.