Carolina Crown 2017

On 8/31/2016 at 8:41 PM, corpsband said:

anyway i think all this is going to shake out as a net gain for crown. 

Such comments of hyped exuberance make for an intriguing summer, imo. Yes, it IS possible that Carolina Crown can exceed their recent placements and their new staff brings the Corps back this season once again to the winner's circle. Its the reason Crown replaced 3 out of their key 4 staffers we are told ( by Corpsband, anyway ). They were not welcomed back to Carolina Crown after last season, he said on here back in August.

Edited by BRASSO

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Such comments of hyped exuberance make for an intriguing summer, imo. Yes, it IS possible that Carolina Crown can exceed their recent placements and their new staff brings the Corps back this season once again to the winner's circle. Its the reason Crown replaced 3 out of their key 4 staffers we are told ( by Corpsband, anyway ). They were not welcomed back to Carolina Crown after last season, he said on here back in August.

i see you've graduated from editing my posts  to just making stuff up.  nice.

On 8/27/2016 at 3:32 PM, corpsband said:

a majority of the 3 departures may have actually taken place regardless of what  Boston did :-) only one was truly unexpected.

Interesting to learn ( if true ). Apparently Carolina Crown was expecting all these 3 key staffers that left after Championships to leave,  but with the exception of just " one " of them. ( no, you " can't make this stuff up" folks . Its so written by Corpsband himself, with date and time above. )

Edited by BRASSO

38 minutes ago, corpsband said:

wow.  you not only removed most of my (very old) post but you actually edited my words to fit your needs. :crazy: all to make your powerful point which was  "Watch out you may be overhyping" .   we see your true colors, shining through! 

Its partially true.. on the " editing " bit anyway.. You actually referred derogatorily in your post last August to Boston as the " First National Bank of Boston".  I took liberties however to spare you of that silly perjorative, dropped the " First National Bank " snark bit, edited it, and reposted your referral without the swipe, and as just " Boston " here now. ( haha!)  Maybe in retrospect I should have simply left your derogatory FULL description of " First National Bank of Boston "  intact to describe the Corps the way you actually posted it initially. But I can't be expected to save you from your often derogatory( and often ill informed ) commentary ALL the time on here, Corpsband., ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

On 8/31/2016 at 8:41 PM, corpsband said:

it's the crown thread -- what do you want? crown fans projecting doom and gloom?

star was star. crown is crown.

anyway i think all this is going to shake out as a net gain for crown. but hey -- i'm just honking on DCP!

hmm so i make it clear it's just a honk and not a  prediction.

actually not too worried about percussion. IMO young blood there is gonna be fine.

3 spots need filled:

a) program design / big picture person

b) guard equipment choreographer (if this person doesn't bring their own folks, filling out the staff with Crown vets is not a problem)

c) drill design

AFAIK the rest of the visual staff (Ron Hardin and team) are still on board

i think Crown can fill those 3 spots with top quality folks who are actually currently available and come out ahead of the game. in fact i suspect a majority of the 3 departures may have actually taken place regardless of what First National Bank of Boston did :-) only one was truly unexpected.

so i make it clear that I THINK they can do it.  and i SUSPECT that they may have happened (but no time frame reference).  hardly statements of fact or even predictions.  

of course you edited that all to say "CB has stated" and "according to CB".  oops -- yeah you edited the context completely out.  and no where do i state that Crown "expected" those departures.   

as for FNBB -- I'm not sure why you would consider that an insult.  I would think that any corps who as lots of money to spend on hiring away staff from top corps would be PROUD of their financial resources.  But apparently you are insulted by them.

but whatever.  i'll make a clear prediction here:

Crown will be just fine thank you very much.  I'm looking forward to what they bring to the field.

1 minute ago, corpsband said:

no where do i state that Crown "expected" those departures.   

lol!... anyone can read what you said, word for word, unedited, and readily conclude that this is exactly what you meant.. lol!

5 minutes ago, corpsband said:

as for FNBB -- I'm not sure why you would consider that an insult.  I would think that any corps who as lots of money to spend on hiring away staff from top corps would be PROUD of their financial resources.  But apparently you are insulted by them.

lol... I'm not " insulted " by your use of the derogatory phrase " The First National Bank of Boston " to describe the Boston Crusaders. I only pointed out the derogatory use of the description by you, thats all. I think most readers here would not view this as a complimentary description by you either, despite your lame attempt at spin on it. You " own " the clear derogatory swipe phrase,  Be " proud ": of it, if you will. ... lol!

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

lol!... anyone can read what you said, word for word, unedited, and readily conclude that this is exactly what you meant.. lol!

unless of course they go back and look at the whole thread.  there were many, many comments about LM's drill being too predictable and recycled.  and KP stated in the MRT podcast he and Crown had already parted ways BEFORE he got the offer from Boston.

so no -- i don't think Crown expected those departures.  i'm just suggesting that perhaps Crown was already looking at some future changes.  anyone who suggests Crown expected all those changes at once is an idiot -- it was clear that at least some of them were surprises.  but -- as i said in the original post -- that's all speculation on my part.  i made no claim to direct knowledge.  

but according to you -- speculation on my part is a statement of fact on your part.    

keep swingin' and missing Buzz.

Just now, BRASSO said:

lol... I'm not " insulted " by your use of the derogatory phrase " The First National Bank of Boston " to describe the Boston Crusaders. I only pointed out the derogatory use of the description by you, thats all. I think most readers here would not view this as a complimentary description by you either, despite your lame attempt at spin on it. You " own " the clear derogatory swipe phrase,  Be " proud ": of it, if you will. ... lol!

wait.  you're not insulted but you think it's derogatory? 

:doh: 

keep posting, good buddy!   

15 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Crown will be just fine thank you very much.  I'm looking forward to what they bring to the field.

Nobody said that Crown would not be " fine " this season, and beyond either. I wish the Corps well this season, and always look forward eagerly to see what Carolina Crown brings to the field, as most seasons the last decade, it has been stellar.