Carolina Crown 2017

2 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Brass line is consistently superb. It will come to arranging, staging etc. 

We may be redefining superb at the end of this season. The reports from Bluecoats, BD and Crown are that all three have the best brass lines they've every had.

If true, I'm ok with that. ;)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

From what I've been told, the show this year will have a unique "Crown" feel to it with more of an emphasis on music than theme, though the theme will still be there. That's all I can really say. ;)

Oh, and if you thought last year's hornline was good, hang on to your pants in 2017. I didn't think they could top last season, but I think this group in 2017 is probably stronger.

I don't know if it could get any better than 2016, but I am looking forward to some more excellent brass from Crown. My ears are bleeding with anticipation.

22 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

We may be redefining superb at the end of this season. The reports from Bluecoats, BD and Crown are that all three have the best brass lines they've every had.

If true, I'm ok with that. ;)

The more good corps there are the more fun it is to watch.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, corpsband said:

because some people didn't hear enough of this....

No I did not.  :)

Particularly 11:34 to the end.   

I am not saying I have an issue with the arranging, just being selfish thinking hearing Carolina Crown play more of a brass band piece would be awesome......

Feel free to object!  

:)

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

No I did not.  :)

Particularly 11:34 to the end.   

I am not saying I have an issue with the arranging, just being selfish thinking hearing Carolina Crown play more of a brass band piece would be awesome......

Feel free to object!  

:)

I really think Crown could put together a very fine Brass Band.  Don't need to worry about age-outs.  Don't need 80 people, a convoy of equipment, fields, schools, etc...    They'd really have no problem keeping all the positions full.    You could travel in Europe and compete in all the fun stuff there.  It would be a great 2nd program.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Paramounts show was beautiful just now, really enjoyed it!  Strong showing earlier in the day for James Bowie too.  Seems their guard will be in great hands this summer.  

will be interesting to see how much cross pollination there is between those program and Crown this summer.  there are a lot of kids in those IW Guards who don't march at all in the summer.  but i agree Crown's in good hands design-wise.  it's going to be a very interesting summer.