360 Videos and VR Headsets - Enjoy Bloo's victory run from the fie

One of the Bluecoats snare drummers shot a 360 video of their victory run. YouTube is able convert these videos for VR headset when you watch them on mobile, and I already own this VR Headset ($20 on Amazon). All together, I geeked out for about 15 minutes last night, enjoying a pretty unique way to experience a drum corps show.

Just wanted to share. Not sure if this is discussion worthy, but for anyone that already owns Google Cardboard or something similar, I highly recommend the experience. Not sure if there's any other videos like this out there from drum corps, but if there are, please send the links my way!

• Like 1

Awesome! This is the closest some of us who never did Drum Corps will get to the experience (without the long bus rides, gym floors, endless rehearsals, and smelly clothes). Thank you Bloo snare drummer!!!

• Like 1

btw you can enjoy this video and pan around even if you DON'T have a VR headset. i see a nice little control widget in the upper left corner while viewing in chrome.

I just played it in the YouTube app on my iPhone and was spinning around in my office chair looking at everything. (Luckily, I work at home alone. LOL)

• Like 2

I just played it in the YouTube app on my iPhone and was spinning around in my office chair looking at everything. (Luckily, I work at home alone. LOL)

I think you can also use your fingers on your phone to pan the view if you don't want to spin!

Well, one more update for everyone on my recent foray into drum corps and VR. I read this article from CNET and learned that any YouTube video can be converted to VR on mobile. So I did a search, found some high cam drum corps videos, strapped on the VR headset, and it's like I'm sitting on the 50, top row. You can look around a bit and everything. Pretty cool stuff.

I think you can also use your fingers on your phone to pan the view if you don't want to spin!

Kid at heart -- spinning is way more fun!

• Like 2

Sounds cool, unless you're blind in one eye like me. I feel sorry for my kids, 'cause whenever a new animated movie comes out we only go to the 2D theaters.