DCA-O-Rama - Three-Show Discussion Thread

How Bucs performed, let alone ran a sold out show is beyond me. That was a shaken group of people tonight.

And yes, I did say sold out.

Move of the night was C2 came off the field and filed into the side 2 end zone, and Cabs and White Sabers lined up in the side 1 end zone while Bucs performed. Then after Bucs trooped, White Sabers brass and staff performed you'll never walk alone to the Bucs.

No dry eyes in the house

• Like 9

Looking at the "historical scores" section on the DCA website... the first time seven corps scored 90 or better at Finals was 1990.

I haven't checked the rest of the years to see if that has happened since... but I wonder if we'll see it again this year.

Looking at the "historical scores" section on the DCA website... the first time seven corps scored 90 or better at Finals was 1990.

I haven't checked the rest of the years to see if that has happened since... but I wonder if we'll see it again this year.

It also happened in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 20012, and 2013.

In 2014, it looked very possible that seven or even eight corps would reach 90: Bushwackers, in seventh position, had scored 90.10 one week before championships (where the judges held them to 89.80), while the Class A leaders, White Sabers, popped an 88 in Prelims and got people talking for a day about the possibility, for the first time ever, of a corps in that division reaching that mark (but they were held to 88.6 in Finals).

In 2015, it was looking late in the season like there was a chance for eight corps to score 90, thanks again to the White Sabers, who in eighth position had scored 88.6 in the last week of the regular season, but the judges again put on the brakes at championships, so only seven corps broke 90 at Prelims, and only six corps did so at Finals.