Legendary DCI Show Themes

This year is taking a turn for the better. The show is called "From the Ashes." It's a very DCI-Inspired show.

"From the Ashes" was the title of Raiders' 2015 show.

"Out of the Ashes" was the title of Spirit of Atlanta's 2015 show.

"From the Ashes" was the title of Racine Scouts' 2013 show.

But the most successful such show is probably "Rise", presented by Boston Crusaders in 2013. Their drill included the image of a phoenix rising from the ashes, and they changed mid-show from grey uniforms to red.

(Never having seen the ballet performed, I've always thought that Stravinsky's Firebird was connected to the myth of the phoenix, but Wikipedia says not so.)

"From the Ashes" was the title of Raiders' 2015 show.

"Out of the Ashes" was the title of Spirit of Atlanta's 2015 show.

"From the Ashes" was the title of Racine Scouts' 2013 show.

But the most successful such show is probably "Rise", presented by Boston Crusaders in 2013. Their drill included the image of a phoenix rising from the ashes, and they changed mid-show from grey uniforms to red.

(Never having seen the ballet performed, I've always thought that Stravinsky's Firebird was connected to the myth of the phoenix, but Wikipedia says not so.)

Well, I've only seen Rise from the list you gave me, but I'm not sure if they're similar. We open with Robert W. Smith's Ascencion, then we go to Fire of Eternal Glory, then Firebird

Well, I've only seen Rise from the list you gave me, but I'm not sure if they're similar. We open with Robert W. Smith's Ascencion, then we go to Fire of Eternal Glory, then Firebird

So you're doing a Phantom Regiment tribute show. :exclamation:

I believe the most legendary DCI shows were from before a "Theme" was necessary.

• Like 1

Basically. But nobody is dying :(

As nobody did in most of Phantom's best shows, including, I think, those in which they performed those pieces (1993 and 1978/2007, respectively).

As nobody did in most of Phantom's best shows, including, I think, those in which they performed those pieces (1993 and 1978/2007, respectively).

I'd like to tell you more about it, but that would be going off topic

I recommend kidnapping the band director on the morning of your high school's first fall competition.

The director may not be happy with the idea, so mums the word.

The theme of the show is Escape From Skull Island. The band will need to rehearse the drill and music without the BD's knowledge.

After the opening fanfare, the blindfolded BD is invited to find his way off the field while dodging trumpeters dressed as raptors, trombonist sailors, and one large Kong prop.