2016 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

All right, I'm heading to Jay's Diner for some post Finals chow. I'll see you next season for LIVE From the Stands! coverage of our favorite activity!

It was great to finally, if briefly, meet you there! I'm so glad Bill introduced us.

Looks like another great report, Kevin. I've only just begin to skim this one and the Prelims thread and look forward to properly reading them both (and perhaps offering a few thoughts of my own).

It was great to finally, if briefly, meet you there! I'm so glad Bill introduced us.

Looks like another great report, Kevin. I've only just begin to skim this one and the Prelims thread and look forward to properly reading them both (and perhaps offering a few thoughts of my own).

And I failed to note, it was nice to see Fran again there, too (also very briefly).

Lots of celebration on the field. Cadets2 even broke to celebrate!

Eventually. And then after that . . .

. . . this didn't actually happen. Did it?

I was in the parking lot behind the scoreboard not long as the post-retreat celebrations were winding down, when suddenly C2 was lining up and the pit was rolling their instruments back into the stadium. There were still a number of other corps' members on the field. Some C2 members passing by told their parents they were doing a victory run. I said, "Did Rochester's noise laws change from the previous two years?"

But off they went, and they set up the front ensemble, and some of their flats along the front sideline, and the corps was gathered together getting instructions in the middle of the field, but there were very few people in the stands by this point, probably 200 people at most.

And then George Hopkins came forward and let the audience know that C2 could not do a run due to a city ordinance.

So I left. Did they have a run after all?

I was in the parking lot behind the scoreboard not long as the post-retreat celebrations were winding down, when suddenly C2 was lining up and the pit was rolling their instruments back into the stadium. There were still a number of other corps' members on the field. Some C2 members passing by told their parents they were doing a victory run. I said, "Did Rochester's noise laws change from the previous two years?"

And they were moving fast!

Cadets2-Blurry-resized_zpsj9h0j04h.jpg

• Like 1

And I failed to note, it was nice to see Fran again there, too (also very briefly).

You too, sir!!! My apologies for not getting a chance to chat more.

• Like 1

Story on Time Warner Cable News site for Rochester:

Drum Corps Associates Brings Excitement to Rochester with the World Championship Finals

Includes some video from several corps' performances, plus interviews with White Sabers and Govenaires members, as well as Alan Buell.

• Like 1

. . . this didn't actually happen. Did it?

But off they went, and they set up the front ensemble, and some of their flats along the front sideline, and the corps was gathered together getting instructions in the middle of the field, but there were very few people in the stands by this point, probably 200 people at most.

And then George Hopkins came forward and let the audience know that C2 could not do a run due to a city ordinance.

So I left. Did they have a run after all?

nope. Noise ordinance. You probably ruined it somehow hahahahaha

nice article on C2 in the local Allentown paper - very well written and accurate write up about the activity:

http://www.mcall.com/features/family/parenting-blog/mc-allentown-s-cadets2-wins-dca-world-championship-20160906-story.html

• Like 1