New DCI Online store open, no legacy DVDs

The new DCI online store has opened - it looks good, and the apparel products being offered look like they will be appealing, etc.

Sad to see though that the Legacy DVD's are no longer offered, along with the years 2000 - 2009 not being there either...I imagine stock is low and they will only sell those products at shows during the summer until all of the stock is gone.  I knew the day would come that those years would no longer be available, but it still seems surreal in this day and age of media oversaturation.  The licensing issues are the problem I imagine.  Ebay will start to get more business for those items I imagine :) 

I was missing 2014 Volune Ii: 13-25 in my collection. I wanted to order it and was told by DCI it was sold out and would no longer be available. She also mentioned any other sold out videos would likewise not be available. Fortunately I was able to get a copy so I have a complete collection, but if you can't get it now, it may no longer be available. Also, you may try calling DCI. Sometimes things online are still available but not posted.

The family of deceased collectors often have media for sale.  I don't think it will change much in our lifetimes.  If you wait long enough, you can buy all of mine from my wife in my estate...at the absolute highest price the market will bear, and will still likely not be worth what I paid for them.

50 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Were all those volume 2s and 3s available previously?  I might have to drop some money on some of those, LOTS of non finalist shows I want to see again that I haven't been able to.  

In fact, more available than recent.  The advent of BluRay meant more data and fewer shows per disc.

I've been missing 2004 for years.  I have them in a dropbox account, but no CDs.

And yes, the new store looks much better, and this shirt is pretty fantastic!!!

https://store.dci.org/collections/mens-apparel/products/dcirmt00014-rack-tan-respect-tee

30 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

Is it too much to ask for lossless audio for shows from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s?

It is? #@$&

I will have to admit, I had to look up lossless technology before answering this question, but I do not think you will see any rerelease of earlier shows in any form, at least not anytime soon. Many of the corps no longer exist as junior competitive corps so there is a question of who can secure the rights and if corps get royalties, who is entitled to them. Also newer technology and newer ways to distribute caused much of the confusion about copyright in the first place. Until the technology and copyright laws catch up with each other, older shows in audio or video will be a memory.

7 hours ago, Tim K said:

I will have to admit, I had to look up lossless technology before answering this question, but I do not think you will see any rerelease of earlier shows in any form, at least not anytime soon. Many of the corps no longer exist as junior competitive corps so there is a question of who can secure the rights and if corps get royalties, who is entitled to them. Also newer technology and newer ways to distribute caused much of the confusion about copyright in the first place. Until the technology and copyright laws catch up with each other, older shows in audio or video will be a memory.

I appreciate the earnest reply, but it was a tongue-in-cheek remark. 

Although that doesn't mean I don't want lossless audio...

• 2 weeks later...

Something must have changed in the copyright laws in recent years. We didn't have this problem before.