BK invited to perform in Bahrain

That's nice to read X, but I'm guessing what took place 20 years ago may not be as much of a concern today. Corps will accommodate those who wish to attend services, but I don't think it's part of a tour directors meeting each weekend.  (St. Benedictine U. will always bring great memories since I stayed in a dorm during the 2012 USA Masters T&F National Championships and won the 65-69M 300H.  The Cavies have used their campus for years.)

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

.  (St. Benedictine U. will always bring great memories since I stayed in a dorm during the 2012 USA Masters T&F National Championships and won the 65-69M 300H.  

What is the " T& F", Ghost ? ( congrats on the national title, by the way )

55 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Track & Field.  That's why you're a member of the Couchmen.

I should have known that... but I'll have you know that I lost 23 lbs exercising and playing in a  pickleball league & a softball team in this winter's Florida ( 42 lbs overall the last year!! ) ... 'Also play halfcourt basketball competition on occasion now as well.  Now that I've retired, there is too much to do outdoors now for me to consider joining The Couchmen... but I do support them in their staging that is unlike most other units... ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

but I'll have you know that I lost 23 lbs exercising and playing in a  pickleball league & a softball team in this winter's Florida ( 42 lbs overall the last year!! )  

Great job with the weight loss.  Ahhhh, pickleball.  I watched a men's double match once and they stood on the line (God forbid if you step inside the "kitchen") and for almost a minute all four players hardly moved while they hit the ball over the net, waiting for someone to make a mistake.  If I ever take it up, it would have to be singles.  Maybe you can talk some of your softball/pickleball friends to put a SB team together and come out for the Huntsman games in October.

50 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe you can talk some of your softball/pickleball friends to put a SB team together and come out for the Huntsman games in October.

' Would love to. While I've taken a liking to this new sport I 've found in Florida now of Pickleball, given a choice, I'd still prefer to play the game of Softball of these two.....'Little chance however my Florida cronies could put together a traveling team. Half the Pickleball and Softball squads are snowbirds, other half are what we call "perms". They basically have to call off the league play here after the Spring, as a little more than half fly north by then. So logistically, it'd be a non starter in our little neck of the woods in Florida, Ghost.

Edited by BRASSO

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Wonder how they will handle church services during Easter weekend.

With their palms out.

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Wonder how they will handle church services during Easter weekend.

Maybe at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church ?   The Emir donated the land for the church in 1939 and it now serves about 140,000 people. Bahrain established diplomatic relations with the Vatican in 1999.    [source]

800px-Sacred_Heard_church_in_Bahrain_A42

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

Maybe at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church ?   The Emir donated the land for the church in 1939 and it now serves about 140,000 people. Bahrain established diplomatic relations with the Vatican in 1999.    [source]

That's interesting.  Nice find CB.  

• Like 1

drum corps is wonderful.

the worst that can happen on dcp for saying something, political is getting banned, and it takes a lot of repetition for that to happen. in bahrain, the penalties can be slightly more severe.

they're our quirky little allies, so i'm sure bk members will be safe, which is all i really care about.