For those I was reminiscing with about Spirit 79 last night in the Orlando thread...

This is supposed to be clipped to start at the company front...but if not, everyone knows how to use the fast forward button on Youtube. I wasn't at Finals this year ( I was a Sophomore in High School just starting to learn about Drum Corps). So ....we found the broadcast on PBS. You can imagine our whole family jumping up and down when the final horns down of the show was a full screen close up of my brother! Good times...and I so hope Spirit fights ALL the way back into being a powerhouse. There's just no reason that they can't! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

This is supposed to be clipped to start at the company front...but if not, everyone knows how to use the fast forward button on Youtube. I wasn't at Finals this year ( I was a Sophomore in High School just starting to learn about Drum Corps). So ....we found the broadcast on PBS. You can imagine our whole family jumping up and down when the final horns down of the show was a full screen close up of my brother! Good times...and I so hope Spirit fights ALL the way back into being a powerhouse. There's just no reason that they can't! 

Love it!  I was in Birmingham that night.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Love it!  I was in Birmingham that night.  

Me too! I was in the corps right before this one!

• Like 4

Actually both! We were fifth, Spirit was fourth for both prelims and finals. We performed right before Spirit at finals.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Those mellophone countermelodies bring a tear to my eye.  Just masterful.  Good times. 

It was a crazy year for us. We had a 55 in Altoona (an all time low for 27th) and ended up with an 87.5 at finals (it was still the tic era).

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

Actually, if you look carefully at that clip above, you may notice that Spirit borrowed our podium. I am not sure why.

• Like 2

Best closer in drum corps history....

...and the power!  Oooooh!  The stands shook when they hit triple forte.

• Like 4