SCV and BD in top 2...really?!!

Just now, Treefidy said:

Yeah, what did you judge and when?

Brass and visual in the 1980s. So while we are comparing hand sizes, what is your extensive championship pedigree in?

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

I already said when I marched... It was actually during this century.

Which of course is about as relevant as your stopwatch measurements. Just saying

• Like 1

Just now, BDCorno said:

Brass and visual in the 1980s. So while we are comparing hand sizes, what is your extensive championship pedigree in?

The 80s you say? How'd you score body movements. Were they just 1x that of standard drill or 3x? How did they affect the sound on those G horns? I bet they fracked a lot. And the jazz running, what did you think of that back then? Also the props, did those affect the show. I bet the guards contemporary dancing really upped the visual huh? 

I've played baseball my entire life. Won multiple championships from little league to high school to college. Didn't win a championship in DCI unfortunately. Was pretty proud of the bronze though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

The 80s you say? How'd you score body movements. Were they just 1x that of standard drill or 3x? How did they affect the sound on those G horns? I bet they fracked a lot. And the jazz running, what did you think of that back then? Also the props, did those affect the show. I bet the guards contemporary dancing really upped the visual huh? 

I've played baseball my entire life. Won multiple championships from little league to high school to college. Didn't win a championship in DCI unfortunately. Was pretty proud of the bronze though.

Well that's fantastic. Congratulations on your baseball championships. Must've been some big time championships, since you don't specify who the teams are or where they were, but that's not really important.

As for your obviously sarcastic trolling,  I am not going to take that bait, beyond telling you that I have judged music and visual almost continuously since 1983. That means I've had to stay abreast and educated on any and all developments in terms of design and current techniques.  Judging  process really hasn't changed much over the past 35 years, just the content and nature of what is being judged.

I can tell you that since the demise of the T&P judge (that's timing and penalties, for those of you who performed in drum Corps in this century lol), that at no time has a stopwatch been part of the evaluation process. At any rate, since you're probably busy here well after midnight, pouring through the latest show videos to refine down to the hundredth of a percent how Vanguard is superior in all ways to the competition, I won't take up any more of your time. Have a nice evening. 

Edited by BDCorno
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Yeah, except Drum Corps judging uses a point system, which is supposed to be unbiased... It's clearly not when specific judges score significantly different than others.

Fallacy. Where does it say that DCI judging has to be completely unbiased? That is impossible. 

Btw, movies do get judged on a point scale on many websites. IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as examples. 

5 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Neither SCV or BD are doing ONE impossibly hard thing. So the point is already flawed. SCV does body movements, moves props flawlessly, does incredible drill at tight intervals among those props, fields an equally talented guard doing equally hard work and plays music which is par with what BD is playing. They just do more marching and less body movement.

Move props flawlessly? Might wanna reword that one. We aren't on a tick system, but I can spot the ticks when they're moving those props from a mile away. 

Those tight intervals they do are inconsistent and leads to a lot of fuzz. Risky with not as great of a payoff. 

And SCV isn't as bad as Bloo in the body movement respect, but they also have consistency issues

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Move props flawlessly? Might wanna reword that one. We aren't on a tick system, but I can spot the ticks when they're moving those props from a mile away. 

Ive actually come around to the props.  They have the worst placement of any props Ive ever seen in drum corps.  Some of the form are messy and the transitions themselves have SERIOUS timing issues.  They need to work on that.

I'm honestly SO OVER BD!!!! Why - because they are so #### near perfect in everything they do nearly every single year. I'm really not over them, but I'm over them winning all the time. I want more years of non-BD champions, but honestly, I don't see how that can happen. BD seems to just always do everything right, from recruiting, to staff longevity, to design and execution. It is quite a marvel.

I want SCV to win this year. This is my favorite show in years. But, I sat watching BD (and SCV) the other night dumbfounded. It's amazing that they can both perform these monster shows to a high level, and BD's show is a monster. 

I am SO glad though we are back to the days where the rivalry between the two is heating up.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I'm honestly SO OVER BD!!!! Why - because they are so #### near perfect in everything they do nearly every single year. I'm really not over them, but I'm over them winning all the time. I want more years of non-BD champions, but honestly, I don't see how that can happen. BD seems to just always do everything right, from recruiting, to staff longevity, to design and execution. It is quite a marvel.

I want SCV to win this year. This is my favorite show in years. But, I sat watching BD (and SCV) the other night dumbfounded. It's amazing that they can both perform these monster shows to a high level, and BD's show is a monster. 

I am SO glad though we are back to the days where the rivalry between the two is heating up.

There is an 18 quake developing along the San Andreas fault....

• Like 1