Favorite shows of 2017

They are all great but BD, Cavies, and BLOO.  I kind of like the Crossmen too.  I went to my first finals (Madison) in 86.  I fell in love with BD and this is the very first BD show that I think is slightly better than 86.

I love SCV's drill a ton.  I just wish there music was more emotional.  I miss Gayle Royer.  Heck I can't wait to see the SCV alumni corp again.  Seeing them earlier in the year was an absolute highlight.

Edited by MikeBD
  • Like 2

SCV, SCV, SCV

Bluecoats

Cavies

Phantom Regiment

Mandarins

• Like 1

I've yet to see Boston, Crossmen, Blue Stars, Oregon Crusadors, Madison, Spirit, Colts, Surf, or Cascades - hey, I gotta leave some things to see for the first time when I get to Indy - so I'm leaving them out of my favorite lists for now for lack of information.

Of those shows I have seen, I really enjoy Pacific Crest and I LOVE Cadets - which is really hard for me to believe. (No pun intended) I was prepared not to like it but it just grabbed me the first time I saw it and it might be my second favorite show this year.

And finally, The Academy and Blue Devils are near and dear this mother's heart for different reasons. I was shaking last year at Finals when The Academy FINALLY got to perform on a Saturday in Indy and I enjoy my home town corps' show once again this year. They have stayed true to their commitment to put on shows that are "fan friendly" and the organization is filled with amazing people that its hard not to be a fan of whatever they put on the field. Ask Dan Farrell.

But the Blue Devils... it brings me such joy to see my child having the best time in his entire drum corps experience. I am so thankful they designed a show I could love, too. And that ballad. Good lord, how can you hear that and sit perfectly still? Its totally stuck in my head.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

See signature.  

But honestly everyone has something I really enjoy.  Everyone is worth watching.  

Got to focus last night (Centerville) on several non-top 12 corps, and it was fun to see again what they're doing. Genesis, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, etc. They play music I recognize and perform genuinely well.

Just now, mjoakes said:

Got to focus last night (Centerville) on several non-top 12 corps, and it was fun to see again what they're doing. Genesis, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, etc. They play music I recognize and perform genuinely well.

I know, Mandarins might be finalists. Didn't mean to lump them in there so close to the non-top 12 qualifier.

The Cavaliers, SCV, Blue Devils, Madison, Mandarins.

If the marching could become less ambiguous, Right Speaker would be right up there, too.

• Like 2

I havn 't seen Academy live, so I 'll get to see them live tomorrow for the 1st time. I like them on the Livestream however,

Edited by BRASSO

9 hours ago, Lithium Nitro said:

1. Blue Devils - I saw them live so I'm a bit biased but their guard is on fire and their brass is amazing.

I always knew that the notion that not a lot of people love the BD show this season ( some as their absolute favorite for this season) was mostly just a myth. I believe there are a lot of Lithium Nitros out there this summer around the country.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I have my preferences but being open minded, I’m not willing to commit until I see everyone live during finals week. Past history has shown me how much my opinions can change of shows seeing the final product live, preformed a few times in a row. It’s where you get the GE read.

Overall, I’m struggling with this year as there are bits and pieces here and there but for complete packages, there are only 2 shows that rock me. It’s one of those difficult transition years where the staffs feel lost with their designs

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I always knew that the notion that not a lot of people love the BD show this season ( some as their absolute favorite for this season) was mostly just a myth. I believe there are a lot of Lithium Nitros out there this summer around the country.

The first BD show I have really liked in a while. They are entertaining, with great music, and look nearly flawless each time I see them. I don't object to them getting #1 now or on Aug 12. I would prefer Cavaliers or SCV. But hey, it's just that, a preference. 

• Like 1