Shoreman Brass Classic - Avon Lake, OH - Aug 5

The Buckeye All Star Band coming in the field to play the national anthem.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Nice sound for just an hour and a half of rehearsal from the Buckeye All Star Band!

• Like 1

First on the field is Southwind from Mobile, Alabama. Their 2017 program, courtesy of Corpsreps.com:

Strange Things
Wrecking Ball by MoZella; Moccio, Stephan; Skarbek, Sacha; Kim, Kiyanu; Gottwald, Lukasz Sebastian; Walter, Henry 
Rite of Spring by Stravinsky, Igor 
Creep by Yorke, Thom; Greenwood, Jonny; Greenwood, Colin; O'Brien, Ed; Selway, Phil; Hammond, Albert; Hazlewo 
Superstition by Wonder, Stevie 
Dies Irae by Verdi, Giuseppe 
Toxic by Dennis, Cathy; Karlsson, Christian; Winnberg, Pontus; Jonback, Henrik 
Hysteria by Bellamy, Matt; Wolstenholme, Chris; Howard, Dominic  

They're taking the field and I'm already impressed - 10 tubas.

The corps is spread out from endzone to endzone in their opening set. Horns and drums have their instruments on the ground, so I expect some body movement to start the show.

Already need a correction - The show is "Toxic Mind"

The corps lies down on the field. Narration starts the show, followed by recorded effects. Drums are now wearing their equipment and are the first musicians to play. Exposed single attacks to start as they take the center field.

This was all pre-show After the announcement of the corps, a flugel soloist plays the opening strains of Creep. Great tone. Two other horn players take over so the flugel can switch to his regular instrument.

Full corps sound is huge! What a great first impression from Southwind!

• Like 2

Dias Irae variations in the pit and now in the horns. Back to Creep now, and I really like this arrangement.

Second movement and those 10 tubas have a feature on teh right side of the field.

Loving this arrangement of Superstition by Steve Wonder. Baris have switched to trombones and they are jazzing up the place. Crowd applauds the trombones once they finish, as do I.

• Like 1

Trumpet quartet now on one of the mics, great feature!

Horns turn backfield for the third movement. Tempo very down. I believe this is Wrecking Ball. Wonderful large silks in the guard, fading from green to white.