G7 part 2, Eletronics Boogaloo

Stu

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

to shut you up, yes. i'd take one for all of DCP for that. Nothing else, just solely to silence you

A willingness to publicly lie, spin, turn, wiggle, squirm, revise, etc... seems to be a running theme with some during and after the outing of the G7 document.

30 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

good news...no one sees the Phillies as more than a AAA team

:guinesssmilie:

And as a lifelong Jets fan, I am insulted they were not mentioned.  LOL.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

A willingness to publicly lie, spin, turn, wiggle, squirm, revise, etc... seems to be a running theme with some during and after the outing of the G7 document.

Stu, as I said before, if it shuts you up, yes I'll lie. because telling the truth to you for how many years now hasn't worked.

21 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Wrong,.. A G7 Corps was NOT granted G7 status..." for life", Stu.

The G7 was not a permament " G7 " either. The architects made plans for a rotating Corps to join the G7 if they topped a G7 Corps at Finals. That Corps was not to JOIN the G7 and become a G8.... lol!. Failure to finish in the Top 7 ( for 2 consecutive years ) was a criteria that the G7 agreed among themselves would disqualify a G7 Corps from such alleged lifetime, permanent G7 status, Stu. 

I am looking at the official G7 proposal right now; no such provision for a G7 corps possibly to drop out of the AAA division exists; no such provision for a G7 corps to lose their double voting power exists.  Where you are getting that 2-years out of the top seven equals removal is nowhere to be found in the PowerPoint proposal, at all, period.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

And as a lifelong Jets fan, I am insulted they were not mentioned.  LOL.

sorry i got them in the CLUB DCP thread last week. Didn't want to seem to be singling them out

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh here Stu, i found the post about the cavies and link from the DCW article at the time

• DCP Fanatic
  •  
  • Jeff Ream
  • Members
  • 94,154 posts
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  Kamarag said:

I like this line myself:

While his corps was included in the presentation, The Cavaliers’ founder, Don Warren, told Drum Corps World that Director Adolph DeGrauwe has never given any word to the group that his corps is on-board with the concept.

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.

Warren was against it... But while he was still influential with the Cavaliers (that he founded ),my understanding was that the Cavaliers Corps Director at the time, Jeff Fiedler, DID sign the Corps on to it,.. otherwise the G7 would have been announced as a G6. So in  the end, even though it can be said that the Cavaliers were probably the least of the 7 that were committed to their scheme, the Cavaliers did in the end agree to it.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Stu, as I said before, if it shuts you up, yes I'll lie. because telling the truth to you for how many years now hasn't worked.

The 'truth' is that you originally stated that the six had no idea what was added to the PowerPoint proposal until after they saw it in the leaked document.  Now you said that they did indeed see the PowerPoint proposal at a meeting prior to the leak.  Again, that contradiction exists in reality and it is an important contradiction; because the first sort of exonerates them, the second points to culpability on their part.  You of course can lie that you did not make those contradicting statements, and apparently you are ok with that lie in order to attempt to shut me up.

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

sorry i got them in the CLUB DCP thread last week. Didn't want to seem to be singling them out

The line I used for several years at the Cumberland, MD, DCA show... after I asked the crowd to show, by their applause,  which NFL team they followed (the Steelers always got the biggest hand, by far... Western MD is definitely Pittsburgh country):

"Personally, I don't follow professional football.  I'm a Jets fan."  :tongue: