Cool Data Application of DCI Scores that I wish existed...

Have you ever wondered..."When was the last time Corps A beat Corps B head to head?" I wonder if there is a user interface somewhere that lays over all the historical score data that produces the results to a hypothetical like that. What started this? Me musing...I wonder when the last time the Cavaliers beat Carolina Crown? Hoping to see that happen tonight in Muncie! 

6 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Have you ever wondered..."When was the last time Corps A beat Corps B head to head?" I wonder if there is a user interface somewhere that lays over all the historical score data that produces the results to a hypothetical like that. What started this? Me musing...I wonder when the last time the Cavaliers beat Carolina Crown? Hoping to see that happen tonight in Muncie! 

You could always ask me. I am a weath of information when it comes to historical data. The last time the Cavaliers beat Carolina Crown was 2011 DCI Finals.

3. 96.85 Cavaliers

4. 95.30 Carolina Crown

I know off the top of my head 2011 Finals was the answer and they were 3rd and 4th, but of course I had to look up the scores.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

The answer to your question is 2011 Finals. http://corpsfans.com  has a head-to-head feature (although it only displays a year at a time).  

As for your hope,  to paraphrase another Crown show "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Want Crown To Finish Out of the Medals"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

You could always ask me. I am a weath of information when it comes to historical data. The last time the Cavaliers beat Carolina Crown was 2011 DCI Finals.

3. 96.85 Cavaliers

4. 95.30 Carolina Crown

I know off the top of my head 2011 Finals was the answer and they were 3rd and 4th, but of course I had to look up the scores.

Wow! Thanks! 7 years ago! Wow! Maybe that "curse" gets broken tonight. 

When was the last time Boston Crusaders beat the Cavaliers head to head? :bigsmile:

3 minutes ago, karuna said:

The answer to your question is 2011 Finals. http://corpsfans.com  has a head-to-head feature (although it only displays a year at a time).  

As for your hope,  to paraphrase another Crown show "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Want Crown To Finish Out of the Medals"

Wow...that is exactly what I was talking about, albeit year by year. It seems the answer to my second question is that it was 6/23/2013 the last time BAC beat the Cavaliers. 

9 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Wow...that is exactly what I was talking about, albeit year by year. It seems the answer to my second question is that it was 6/23/2013 the last time BAC beat the Cavaliers. 

Looking at the line graph is a lot of fun.   You really see who's opening/closing spreads over the season as well as making it obvious when a corps pops a number but there are corps above them who haven't had a show for 3 or 4 days.  

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Yep. That's the last time Spirit of Atlanta beat them, too.

Edited by queenanne_1536

7 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yep. That's the last time Spirit of Atlanta beat them, too.

Life got busy from 2011-2014 and I missed out on some things. I had no clue that a post-1980s Spirit ever beat Cavaliers. Wow!

9 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Life got busy from 2011-2014 and I missed out on some things. I had no clue that a post-1980s Spirit ever beat Cavaliers. Wow!

Yes, once, on a partial panel.

• Thanks 1