Sacramento, CA - July 6, 2018

Sadly, it was a small roster of corps tonight, but everyone put on great performances tonight. 

The crowd truly appreciated Incognito’s appearance up here (who managed to get up here despite bus problems that delayed them a lot). 

BDC had the crowd eating out of the palms of their hands.

BDB made some significant growth during their time off from competition. I admit that I wasn’t fond of their show during the first weekend of competitions. It’s a MUCH stronger and more cohesive product now. They now have props that are clearly not done yet, so I’m curious to see what those end up being. 

I had a little of the opposite reaction with Vanguard Cadets. They blew me away in the first weekend, and while they still sound incredible, their show actually feels LESS cohesive to me right now for some reason. But it’s STILL a show that feels tailor-made for a championship, and I expect major growth from them as they hit the road. 

Mandarins had an overly-enthusiastic hometown crowd cheering them as they entered the field. They continue to make lots of subtle but important tweaks to their show, so it’s getting really refined. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Sadly, it was a small roster of corps tonight, but everyone put on great performances tonight. 

The crowd truly appreciated Incognito’s appearance up here (who managed to get up here despite bus problems that delayed them a lot). 

BDB made some significant growth during their time off from competition. I admit that I wasn’t fond of their show during the first weekend of competitions. It’s a MUCH stronger and more cohesive product now. They now have props that are clearly not done yet, so I’m curious to see what those end up being. 

I had a little of the opposite reaction with Vanguard Cadets. They blew me away in the first weekend, and while they still sound incredible, their show actually feels LESS cohesive to me right now for some reason. But it’s STILL a show that feels tailor-made for a championship, and I expect major growth from them as they hit the road. 

Mandarins had an overly-enthusiastic hometown crowd cheering them as they entered the field. They continue to make lots of subtle but important tweaks to their show, so it’s getting really refined. 

Thanks for the recap of the show!

1 hours ago, brassboy said:

Thanks for the rundown and all the pictures!!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

The whole SCV organization swung and missed badly on uniforms this year. 

I could not disagree more. :colgate: