Which corps are getting the most "buzz" as we roll into finals 2018?

23 minutes ago, onionhead said:

I want to see some movement this finals.  I’m looking for two corpse make it to finals, that weren’t there last year, but I hate to see any corps drop out .

If any corpse make finals it will be macabre.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

There was a lot of Buzz early in the season about:

1. West/East/Mid inflation

2. Crown had messy visuals

3. Boston reused fire and last year was not a fluke  

4. Bloo will win it all

5. Cadets will not be as good this season 

6. Madison is coed-ish (again)

7. MC and the train is everyone’s favorite new show 

Funny how all the early Buzz changed so fast. 

Buzz going into finals:

1. Everyone is crying and in awe over SVC

2. Cavies and Boston are in a fight

3. Cadets are stealing the thunder late and surging 

4. Who are the Indy judges since judging seemed so erratic this season 

5. Who will make  finals! 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 3

The biggest buzz-worthy story for me personally is how the Mandarins have skyrocketed in the past two years. To break out like that takes effort and resources on so many levels it makes my head spin but they've found a way! I am SO very happy for the organization and additionally, I find it very inspiring.  It's nice to see a new and different name in the mix!  I'd also like to say that I was a Mandies fan even before they started playing in the big kid sandbox.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

The biggest buzz-worthy story for me personally is how the Mandarins have skyrocketed in the past two years. To break out like that takes effort and resources on so many levels it makes my head spin but they've found a way! I am SO very happy for the organization and additionally, I find it very inspiring.  It's nice to see a new and different name in the mix!  I'd also like to say that I was a Mandies fan even before they started playing in the big kid sandbox.

JW Koester

• Like 2

SCV.

The Boston-Cavies battle.

Mandarins.

The battle for 12th.

Madison Scouts. Negative buzz there, unfortunately.

And, for my money, the "feel good" story of the summer... The Cadets.

• Like 5

H

3 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

JW Koester

...has done a FINE job... along with the rest of the staff.  Just amazing stuff happening with this corps.  I love it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Also want to add that their show is worthy of all the buzz too. It's nice to see a show that's original, creative and a whole lot of fun to watch.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

and Ike Jackson

JW Koester, Ike Jackson, it really does take a village! 

Getting more specific, I like the brass arranging a LOT.  I remember starting to really notice the freshness of it last year.  The entire staff from administration, design, cap heads down to techs is clearly firing on all cylinders.  

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2