Strings and FX

26 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm pretty sure the electric guitar was just a sound effect they added in. The keyboard guy was set to piano the entire show, at least I'm like 99% positive he was anyway.

Yep -- Nick's keyboard was piano for the entire show AFAIK. There was another keyboard player (2?) that covered the other synth parts.

11 hours ago, adman said:

I noticed the use of violin and bass guitar in the pit yesterday, as well as FX like Echo and Delay being used on horn solos.

I don't recall seeing strings before this year, and the horn FX are far more prominent.  I know there were some new rules for amplification, is this part of it?

Oregon had one a few years ago...it was well done

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adman said:

I noticed the use of violin and bass guitar in the pit yesterday, as well as FX like Echo and Delay being used on horn solos.

I don't recall seeing strings before this year, and the horn FX are far more prominent.  I know there were some new rules for amplification, is this part of it?

Electric guitar and/or bass was first used in DCI in 2010, I think.

Edit: or maybe, as per BlueStainGlass's post, 2009, which was the first year electronics were permitted.

(Amplification of voice and pit instruments was permitted starting in 2004.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

5 hours ago, Prtzdle said:

Did CC use electric guitar for Rach Star? 

I don't think so. As I recall, some fans here were upset that what sounded like a guitar part was actually from Nick Starr's keyboard.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...