The Cavaliers 2020

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to tell ya'll the good news.

Last week was my final day working in Houston and I recently moved back to Huntsville. My dad had one of those tiny homes on his land and I am currently working on it and turning it into an office/practice room/man cave (lol). I am looking at scheduling an audition at Sam Houston in early May and hopefully should be back as a student in the fall semester. I FINALLY did it! WOOO! Just felt like sharing the great news with my fellow DCI/Cavies/drum corps friends. 

Currently, I am smoking a brisket that weighs 13.5 pounds and the wood that I am using is to smoke this splooie of a brisket is mesquite and apple wood... Mostly mesquite though. What can I say? I like my Texas mesquite wood. 

Go Cavies! Woo!

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Currently, I am smoking a brisket that weighs 13.5 pounds with mesquite and apple wood... Mostly mesquite though. What can I say? I like my Texas mesquite wood. 

Go Cavies! Woo!

How much does the brisket weigh without the mesquite and apple wood?🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

HAHA! Hang on, let me fix that.

Good morning brain right? Lol

Its not early morning for me - I am in Spain now - no snow shoveling for me in winter!  The lightly smoked Iberican ham is great here, also.😀

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bob P. said:

Its not early morning for me - I am in Spain now - no snow shoveling for me in winter!  The lightly smoked Iberican ham is great here, also.😀

I gotcha! I got up at about 4:25 this morning and I usually sleep for another 2 hours, but I had to get the pit going. I like to following BBQ competition rules when I smoke my brisket... which 8 to 12 hours. 

I can not say I have ever had Iberican ham. My younger brother got me some sliced ham that was imported from Poland last Thursday and I was really surprised of how good it was. 

39 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to tell ya'll the good news.

Last week was my final day working in Houston and I recently moved back to Huntsville. My dad had one of those tiny homes on his land and I am currently working on it and turning it into an office/practice room/man cave (lol). I am looking at scheduling an audition at Sam Houston in early May and hopefully should be back as a student in the fall semester. I FINALLY did it! WOOO! Just felt like sharing the great news with my fellow DCI/Cavies/drum corps friends. 

Currently, I am smoking a brisket that weighs 13.5 pounds and the wood that I am using is to smoke this splooie of a brisket is mesquite and apple wood... Mostly mesquite though. What can I say? I like my Texas mesquite wood. 

Go Cavies! Woo!

Good on ya Hook'em. Sometimes this little thing called life happens and you have to improvise.....at least until the giant meteor comes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Good on ya Hook'em. Sometimes this little thing called life happens and you have to improvise.....at least until the giant meteor comes. 

You are completely right and I wouldn't change a single thing that lead me to this point. Not a gosh darn thing. 

9 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I gotcha! I got up at about 4:25 this morning and I usually sleep for another 2 hours, but I had to get the pit going. I like to following BBQ competition rules when I smoke my brisket... which 8 to 12 hours. 

I can not say I have ever had Iberican ham. My younger brother got me some sliced ham that was imported from Poland last Thursday and I was really surprised of how good it was. 

No comparison.   Iberican is prized by gourmets.  But why were you surprised at how good the ham imported from Poland was?  There is more than Virginian ham you know!😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bob P. said:

No comparison.   Iberican is prized by gourmets.  But why were you surprised at how good the ham imported from Poland was?  There is more than Virginian ham you know!😉

None of this stands up to a good drum corps corndog.

• Haha 1