Saturday Aug. 14 - DCI Celebration - The last dance

Yeah. Genesis is tapping that Texas band talent well.  The brass is really growing for them. 

• Like 2

Just now, theonlyfizzle said:

Yes. I can still see designers using Wizard of Oz rep in the future. It never gets old for me.

it can get overdone for me for sure.  I'm not ready to call a moratorium on it like The Planets, but this show worked real well cause they pulled from The Wiz and Wicked for it too and brought it together well and whimsical rather than simply sentimental. 

• Like 1

Time for Troopers!  This time as the desperados of the weird West.  

Guard does well with that opening statement.  Pit really into the presentation of the desert skull.

Really nice ensemble sound on that opening brass statement!

1 minute ago, Swamptihs said:

Good Show by Genesis gives me a skyryders vibe.  So some who post here during off season don't post much when the shows are going on. Odd in my opinion. Especially considering how much they know on every subject. 

Or they're like...actually watching the shows.  I'm a 'watch and chat here' guy obviously.  But for some of these I'll just sit and absorb.  Don't expect anything from me during Phantom, Cadets, or Bloo tonight.  

Speaking of Sky Ryders, my son is on a discord server with one of the keyboardist from Genesis.  The last loud note is a recreation from a Sky Ryders 1980s show.  Probably one of the Wizard of Oz shows....

Edited by gjramsey
  • Like 1

Troop brass is really a revelation tonight.  I don't remember them being this clear last week (they might not have been?) but they're sounding sharp tonight.  

• Like 1