Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 minute ago, palmettomello said:

Also one of my erks. I wasn't in guard, but I miss the awesome flag designs that were sewn together with the different colored fabrics. They would really pop on the field and you could actually make out the designs. Go back and check out Crown 2007 to see some great detailed silk designs. Overall, digitally printed fabrics are cheaper and easier to produce. 

And I think they over do it just because they can.
Oh yeah I remember our band moms sewing together show flags and those things were heavy .. plus at least 7 foot poles. And tons of metallic streamers and prism tape. Rifles were wooden. Many kids cracked a head or two. Lol. 

13 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

This applies to all corps. I wonder if it's better, competitively speaking, to have more shows or less.

So you're only staying on the Crown thread tonight? 🤣🤣🤣

IM KIDDING!!!

Hope you're okay! Good luck to all the corps tonight!! More important than the results, I hope they all stay safe and healthy!

I would say it's probably better financially, but then again missing out on the money from those missing shows, I'm not so sure. Might just break even. As for competitively, again, I'm not so sure. I would think more head-to-head with the competition would be better, but at the same time having more rest is beneficial as well. I think it's a give or take question, and it could really go either way.

Honestly for the duration of Crowns performance I will probably stay here. Some peoples post I just don't need to read, and even with the ignore option I'm just too nosey of a person to not decide to read what they said. Plus being immobile currently has me being even more nosey trying to live vicariously through others right now. I've been out of the house twice since June 17th. My Facebook posts are riddled with Cabin Fever. Lol.

7 minutes ago, DCIFan2022 said:

OMG, yes! This heat wave...  I can't even imagine the musicians marching such complex shows in it. 

I remember marching on our blacktop practice field in high school with the temperature being 101. I can't remember what the index was, let alone the temperature on the blacktop. I know the soles of my brand new tennis shoes that I had bought for comfort during band camp melted. Lol. That was a rough summer. I can kind of understand what they're going through out there. At least the air there is a little more dry compared to Kentucky. The saying "It's not hot, it's humid" comes to mind. Lol.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DCIFan2022 said:

hehee! I has a long day at work and I am slowly catching up in the thread for tonight's show! I am so tired (from work) that I don't even think I will stay up for the actual event! And absolutely, this season every corp has me energized after the last couple of years. I want them to shine and be safe! 

I totally feel you .. I just rolled off a plane for work and am beat down. I have to rally. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BWise said:

And I think they over do it just because they can.
Oh yeah I remember our band moms sewing together show flags and those things were heavy .. plus at least 7 foot poles. And tons of metallic streamers and prism tape. Rifles were wooden. Many kids cracked a head or two. Lol. 

I remember our band moms making use of the home ec. room and it's sewing machines. The term "Sweat Shop" comes to mind. 4 women, 4 sewing machines, making 16 to 20 sets of around 4 or 5 flags in the matter of two weeks. It was impressive to watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

I remember our band moms making use of the home ec. room and it's sewing machines. The term "Sweat Shop" comes to mind. 4 women, 4 sewing machines, making 16 to 20 sets of around 4 or 5 flags in the matter of two weeks. It was impressive to watch.

They even made mini flags for the fans to wave at competitions in the stands. I think we should do that. Some Crown flags. Someone better get to sewing or printing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I would say it's probably better financially, but then again missing out on the money from those missing shows, I'm not so sure. Might just break even. As for competitively, again, I'm not so sure. I would think more head-to-head with the competition would be better, but at the same time having more rest is beneficial as well. I think it's a give or take question, and it could really go either way.

Honestly for the duration of Crowns performance I will probably stay here. Some peoples post I just don't need to read, and even with the ignore option I'm just too nosey of a person to not decide to read what they said. Plus being immobile currently has me being even more nosey trying to live vicariously through others right now. I've been out of the house twice since June 17th. My Facebook posts are riddled with Cabin Fever. Lol.

I remember marching on our blacktop practice field in high school with the temperature being 101. I can't remember what the index was, let alone the temperature on the blacktop. I know the soles of my brand new tennis shoes that I had bought for comfort during band camp melted. Lol. That was a rough summer. I can kind of understand what they're going through out there. At least the air there is a little more dry compared to Kentucky. The saying "It's not hot, it's humid" comes to mind. Lol.

I blacked out once during block! 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DCIFan2022 said:

I blacked out once during block! 

I remember watching one of our saxophonists, who was notorious for locking her knees, sway during warmup arc. The next thing I knew she went down, twitched a little, and said "Ow, Ronald! Let go of my arm!" Mind you, Ronald was in the back arc across from her, nowhere near her. Her identical twin dropped her Trombone, which we had just gotten in that day (all brand new Trombones) and gasped. My director helped the girl up and a couple band moms took her into the band room so that the director could continue rehearsal, but not before he went over to the identical twin and, jokingly, asked her "How did it feel to watch yourself pass out?" We all laughed, including her, he sent her in to check on her sister, and then used that incident as lesson to never lock your knees.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I remember watching one of our saxophonists, who was notorious for locking her knees, sway during warmup arc. The next thing I knew she went down, twitched a little, and said "Ow, Ronald! Let go of my arm!" Mind you, Ronald was in the back arc across from her, nowhere near her. Her identical twin dropped her Trombone, which we had just gotten in that day (all brand new Trombones) and gasped. My director helped the girl up and a couple band moms took her into the band room so that the director could continue rehearsal, but not before he went over to the identical twin and, jokingly, asked her "How did it feel to watch yourself pass out?" We all laughed, including her, he sent her in to check on her sister, and then used that incident as lesson to never lock your knees.

haaahahaah omg! What a story! I think the never lock your knees while marching lesson is something many learned a lesson from!

2 minutes ago, DCIFan2022 said:

haaahahaah omg! What a story! I think the never lock your knees while marching lesson is something many learned a lesson from!

You would hope, but during my tenure teaching visual, they never learn. I don't know why people even lock their knees, it's super uncomfortable to me. 

• Like 1