Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Meh. Why let them get under your skin :confused:  ?

I'm not letting them get to me, it's just funny how they bring us up when none of us have commented there. Some of them have a chip on their shoulder for some reason, and I'm just going to let CrownBRASS blow it off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

How do you guys feel about the changes to the hornline music in the closer? I'm trying get use to it.The original I like better bc it's different, impressive and I've never heard anything like it before. The new rewrite is something that I believe any hornline can play.

The new version is a lot harder, actually. The old version was just some split up sixteenths across the sections (except for first trumpets whom literally only had dotted half notes). The new version is a lot choppier, with extended runs, more room for actual shaping, and higher range demand.

Edited by Sholeo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sholeo said:

The new version is a lot harder, actually. The old version was just some split up sixteenths across the sections (except for first trumpets whom literally only had dotted half notes). The new version is a lot choppier, with extended runs, more room for actual shaping, and higher range demand.

Anyone have a video of the new closer?   I wasn’t able to watch on flo.  

4 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Personally, I find it preferable to remain in the positive—okay, perhaps on occasion delusional—confines of CrownLAND. 

Now I should qualify that. I recall in both ‘14 and ‘16 I was really amped on Tilt and DSU, respectively, and I spent time on Bloos’ thread. But my comments and exchanges were positive. 

Some folks insist on playing provocateurs, and more than a few have substantial drum corps experience, both on and off the field. To that end they’re far more knowledgeable than many, so their critiques shouldn’t be summarily dismissed.

On the other hand, legit critiques many times devolve into ad hominem attacks directed  against some aspect of that year’s program, and before you know it. Well, you know…

Just be mindful that even though those kids are working their @$$es off all summer, I’ll bet more than a few—and staff—peruse these pages on occasion. Better to uplift than put down.

When both Bloo and crown have my top fav shows of 2014 and 2016, not much to complain about haha. I was definitely rooting for crown more in 2016 but I simply enjoyed both shows, both had a lot I liked and the viewing experience I had with both was GREAT!👍

10 hours ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

How do you guys feel about the changes to the hornline music in the closer? I'm trying get use to it.The original I like better bc it's different, impressive and I've never heard anything like it before. The new rewrite is something that I believe any hornline can play. 

After seeing them in Memphis, looks like they changed it from an 'impact' statement to a more 'technical' statement?  I kind of liked the impact statement coming out of the cool front ensemble feature.  

I did notice that they removed the soloist new the end of Benedictus?  I liked that additional content as well.

They still need more impact from the B section of Benedictus...    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

After seeing them in Memphis, looks like they changed it from an 'impact' statement to a more 'technical' statement?  I kind of liked the impact statement coming out of the cool front ensemble feature.  

I did notice that they removed the soloist new the end of Benedictus?  I liked that additional content as well.

They still need more impact from the B section of Benedictus...    

the soloist played all the way to the end.  Did you see in person or in Flo?  Wondering if Flo sound was the reason it seemed to be different?

15 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Man, nobody has said anything about Crown in the San Antonio thread and they're already talking about us making comments on performance order if we don't place well at Broken Arrow. Lord, they just don't know when to stop, do they? 🤦

Tricks on them.  San Antonio order is already set.

1 minute ago, DrummerParent said:

the soloist played all the way to the end.  Did you see in person or in Flo?  Wondering if Flo sound was the reason it seemed to be different?

Live in Memphis; maybe it was just mixed differently.  But I think they did remove the choir voices @ the B section?