DCA meeting notes

I saw in the new issue if DCW that DCA has amended the minimum membership rule for A Class down to 26 and maximum to 60.

The curent Open Class will then be for corps up to 85 members, and the new World Class will be for corps up to 128 members.

stringed instruments also passed.

also in 2022, there will be live, virtual and live combined events...more details to come.

so now there's 3 champions i guess? the article didnt say and the website has no updates

If like 15 years ago they had 30 corps  trying to make finals the new classes would make sense. I have been wrong before but based on recent championships the open class and class A would likely have only 3 or 4 corps in each class.   Maybe it will be more defined later  If class a were a class for starter corps with lesser musical requirements and advertised as such that might justify the new classifications .   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Mummers would be very entertaining for sure. 

DCA would need to allow saxophones.

But watching a guy March with a bass fiddle is something else. Talked to one at a parade and he showed me the rig he has to use. 😳

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, totaleefree said:

If like 15 years ago they had 30 corps  trying to make finals the new classes would make sense. I have been wrong before but based on recent championships the open class and class A would likely have only 3 or 4 corps in each class.   Maybe it will be more defined later  If class a were a class for starter corps with lesser musical requirements and advertised as such that might justify the new classifications .   

the proposal just shows in DCA its all about size, as i have felt many A Class corps should have out scored some of the bottom of Open Class.

and now 3 champions? awards could take up to 2 hours

• Haha 1

I love that strings passed, it's long over due! I don't understand why a new class is needed in DCA