The annual lament

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Oh DCP is definitely read. But not in any sort of positive way. Like I said, the older folks who view the changes with contempt ARE the ones still helping keep the activity afloat with their pocketbook, but they are not the targeted audience for drum corps and it’s direction. Look at the r/drumcorps subreddit (of which I know a few DCP posters participate in) and the drumcorps discord for a much better representation of the demographics. Whether we like it or not, the bandos are DCI’s present and future. Just look at the lineup that a small town by the name of Broken Arrow is getting! 

Hah goodfellows isn’t BAD pizza but it is not the pizza I’d choose over several other options available in Indianapolis. Maybe I do have weird taste in pizza though!

PM me some good Indy pizza places when you get time, please!

I never post on the Reddit.

Honestly, I want to visit a place with personality. DCP is much better than Rec.arts.marching.......

That was a free for all.

r/drumcorps subreddit is very tame. Meh, I'm always looking for balance. I want to know what the the zoomers like as well as the boomers, exes, and Wai's ( Trying to make a play on words with the Generation definitions here, fyi).

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 5:12 PM, truher said:

I for one am looking forward to the future of DCI.  When we will have grown beyond shows consisting of whole notes and Arban exercises played with cleverly bent legs.  I'm looking forward to the return of melody and swing, of a complete, engaging musical idea that takes more than 4 bars to express.  I'm looking forward to the day when the tuba section is allowed to do more than quietly play along with the synthesizer.  I'm looking forward to the day when a mellophone player could aspire to play more than 8-count sustains and occasional runs ending in sustains.  I'm looking forward to the day when the main audible difference between corps is not the quality of their sound reinforcement systems.  That will be a glorious day indeed.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Have you seen the Blue Stars this season? Sounds right up your alley.