Corps Rehearsal closings!

8 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

If a corps have publicly stated “for the safety of our members, our rehearsals are CLOSED to the public” and you still wanna barge in and make it about yourself, that’s just childish and disrespectful. Let them operate how they want to operate when they wish to keep their members safe!!!

Chris Holland isn't in charge of me. I won't be discharging firearms. I won't be urinating in public. I won't even breathe on them. I will be respectful, unobtrusive and distant. And I will know that he and the other corps directors don't run the world. 

I'll tell you something else. There will be plenty of us watching. (Among those who won't be there will be the many people here on DCP who don't come to shows anyway.)

Don't worry. All will be cool.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

Chris Holland isn't in charge of me. I won't be discharging firearms. I won't be urinating in public. I won't even breathe on them. I will be respectful, unobtrusive and distant. And I will know that he and the other corps directors don't run the world. 

I'll tell you something else. There will be plenty of us watching. (Among those who won't be there will be the many people here on DCP who don't come to shows anyway.)

Don't worry. All will be cool.

Thinking about this as a shady, out of touch “Chris Holland directive” from on high is again, quite childish. I would imagine that you would be an unobtrusive individual in circumstances where the corps would allow the public to be there, but right now, that is clearly not the case. Think of it more as a PSA, and leave it at that. They want closed rehearsals, they have let the public know this, let them operate as such, it’s not hard.

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Thanks 3

I just do not understand the selfishness here, they are asking you not to interact, maybe next year conditions will be better...go to your seat and support the other corps in competition. Trust me the smaller guys would like some love as well. Its not about you, its about the kids, the performers. These kids have worked too hard to get to this point. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

Troll? What a lazy, worthless retort.

Yet it obviously bothered you! 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

You say that. But watch what happens next week when I go to rehearsal. I bet I get to watch.

and i am sure you'll let us know how proud you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

No. Hoping for better.

You get what you deserve, and you don’t deserve “better”. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

If a corps have publicly stated “for the safety of our members, our rehearsals are CLOSED to the public” and you still wanna barge in and make it about yourself, that’s just childish and disrespectful. Let them operate how they want to operate when they wish to keep their members safe!!!

now dont use logic and ask for courtesy and respect, it's all about the individual!

• Like 3

The reason this is happening is because the logic is sound. These folks keep saying they'll keep their distance or wear a mask. The science says it's incredibly difficult to spread this virus with those two conditions met while outdoors. I get it.

But they've been asked to stay away.

When two or more people go against the corps explicit directives, it's really easy to start to "creep up" on the MMs. I've watched it happen for years. Onlookers can't help themselves in a crowd. Closer is better. And hell, when not in a pandemic, MMs love a crowd.

But still any person avoiding this directive is contributing to the creep. Period. And that's not okay.

Wish I could enlist some old school JONZ as bodyguards. That'd work real quick.