Phantom Regiment 2023

1 hour ago, PRomoter said:

You don’t like them? I think they look pretty snazzy, and I’m an old fart. 

Personally not a fan. I’ve been a fan of most of Phantom’s uniforms (with 2014 being an exception..) but these seem a lot less regiment than anything they’ve done before. Would’ve liked to see them take an approach closer to what the Cavies are doing this year 

I will say, I take the most issue with the headgear. If the headgear gets taken off very early on, then I think the rest of the uniform makes up for it 

Edited by Cappybara

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Personally not a fan. I’ve been a fan of most of Phantom’s uniforms (with 2014 being an exception..) but these seem a lot less regiment than anything they’ve done before. Would’ve liked to see them take an approach closer to what the Cavies are doing this year 

I will say, I take the most issue with the headgear. If the headgear gets taken off very early on, then I think the rest of the uniform makes up for it 

But you haven’t seen it moving on the field yet. I think they will look much taller with the head gear which is a nod to the chevron. This year’s Regiment reminds me of the 1987 update. People thought adding the chicken to that iconic helmet was tantamount to blasphemy. Give it a couple of shows to see the uni/costume incorporate itself into the show. Michael C knows a thing or two about designing a look to fit a theme. If you feel the same after the first two or three reads, then we can just agree to disagree.

sound like a fair deal?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I am also not crazy about the headgear. You know, one of my favorite things about last year was seeing the faces of all the kids. It literally put a face to my favorite corps. I felt more connected with them seeing all their emotions. I do love the helmets, but I think their time may have come and gone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, PRomoter said:

I am also not crazy about the headgear. You know, one of my favorite things about last year was seeing the faces of all the kids. It literally put a face to my favorite corps. I felt more connected with them seeing all their emotions. I do love the helmets, but I think their time may have come and gone. 

Sorry, but what helmets this year?

7 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

But you haven’t seen it moving on the field yet. I think they will look much taller with the head gear which is a nod to the chevron. This year’s Regiment reminds me of the 1987 update. People thought adding the chicken to that iconic helmet was tantamount to blasphemy. Give it a couple of shows to see the uni/costume incorporate itself into the show. Michael C knows a thing or two about designing a look to fit a theme. If you feel the same after the first two or three reads, then we can just agree to disagree.

sound like a fair deal?

Or we can just agree to disagree right now 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Sorry, but what helmets this year?

Two separate thoughts. 1. I’m not crazy about the headgear they are wearing this year. 2. I like seeing their faces. It’s nice. This applies to any year. 

Edited by PRomoter

To the 2023 Phantom Regiment, good luck on your first show tonight! You have lots of phans and phamily who wish you only the best.

SUTA

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

To the 2023 Phantom Regiment, good luck on your first show tonight! You have lots of phans and phamily who wish you only the best.

SUTA

Was so excited to re-up my Flo Marching subscription last night. My wife rolled her eyes. “You are so weird. August can’t come too soon.”

• Haha 4

Yelp! Guess I should chime in. The corps had to become more modern or be considered a dinosaur. Tradition is great, but it won't attract the top talent needed to become or remain competitive. 

I am assuming that there will be narration and way more use of electronics as that is the going trend in the activity. I personally don't care for narration as it often comes at the expense of brass playing, same with electronics (keytars, etc). 

My fear is this, Coats are notorious for pushing the envelope, not always to my liking, but they push it. It seems that any corps that does so is immediately 'pushed' by the community (judges).  Fortunately, they are not at the show tonight in fact, it's interesting that you almost have the last six placing corps at last years finals (missing Manadarins). 

In 2022 at the premier show, you had corps that placed in the 2019 finals at 2, 5, 6, 8, 11 & 12. 

It is interesting that Coats aren't coming out until July 2nd. 

Do it Regiment!

• Like 2