Phantom Regiment 2023

31 minutes ago, drumhead31 said:

Not going to Indy?

Oh yes I am.  I haven't missed a Finals since I started attending in 1989, the year before I marched.  I even went to the non-judged Covid year celebration, so setting aside the year with no Finals, this will be 34 straight years sitting with a great group of friends every year, and at the bottom of the top deck on the 50 every year at Lucas Oil.  It's my favorite weekend of the year.  I'd have to be in a coma in the hospital to not go.  💗

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

Oh yes I am.  I haven't missed a Finals since I started attending in 1989, the year before I marched.  I even went to the non-judged Covid year celebration, so setting aside the year with no Finals, this will be 34 straight years sitting with a great group of friends every year, and at the bottom of the top deck on the 50 every year at Lucas Oil.  It's my favorite weekend of the year.  I'd have to be in a coma in the hospital to not go.  💗

I was walking around, sweating my ### off, and decided to cheer myself up by looking at the temp in Indy: 79 at noon eastern. Going for the weather, staying for the drum corps.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I was walking around, sweating my ### off, and decided to cheer myself up by looking at the temp in Indy: 79 at noon eastern. Going for the weather, staying for the drum corps.

Amen to that!  I'm beyond tired of the North Texas annual summer inferno.

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

After The Fires of Hell Tour (AKA Texas and the South), that's going to feel right nice if it stays that way through finals. We've already been treated to nicer temps in NC, WV, PA, and now MA...

1 hour ago, TexasPRfan said:

The show is so fantastic and I can't wait to see it live in Allentown, with 2 weeks of progress since San Antonio (where it was already amazing)!  Keep pushing, Regiment!  This is always a stretch of rehearsal days on the calendar to take the show up a notch.  I know you're going to set the crowd into a frenzy at Allentown.

Definitely a favorite show of mine this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasPRfan said:

How many is in your group? This is the second year in a row I will end up by myself because of a death. My drum corps buddy from near Rochester passed away suddenly at home on 7/5.

12 of us that sit together, and some others who sit elsewhere.   MIGHT have a seat or two available.  

1 minute ago, drumhead31 said:

How many is in your group? This is the second year in a row I will end up by myself because of a death. My drum corps buddy from near Rochester passed away suddenly at home on 7/5.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  

Thanks, last year when another death occured, I kept the extra seat empty. Another extra seat this year since John died. He was a huge SCV fan. It would be cool to at least meet some fellow PR phans while there. I have been donating and supporting PR any way I can since the late 80s.

This of us going to Indy should figure out a place and time to meet to say hello to our fellow DCP phans. 

• Like 3