Phantom Regiment 2023

6 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

If they were to use that, they’d need to order some fake white leather, half-calf boots with big, white pompons on the toes for the guard. Complete the look with the music. 

With all due respect….that would be reserved for Regiment’s tribute to Nancy Sinatra which I believe is slated for 2028. Tomita did some amazing reboots of the classics. Listen to his Firebird…interesting stuff.

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

With all due respect….that would be reserved for Regiment’s tribute to Nancy Sinatra which I believe is slated for 2028. Tomita did some amazing reboots of the classics. Listen to his Firebird…interesting stuff.

Nancy Sinatra. Now that’s funny. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PRomoter said:

If they were to use that, they’d need to order some fake white leather, half-calf boots with big, white pompons on the toes for the guard. Complete the look with the 

12 hours ago, PRomoter said:

Nancy Sinatra. Now that’s funny. 

Okay, they’re not white…..

“Ha!”

Edited by Sutasaurus

16 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

That’s diggin’ in the mothballs Rocketman. We thought Tomita was the bomb in the 70s, right my friend?

True. However, with the use of so many electronics, he could be all the rage now. And thank you for turning me on to him! 

Last week was very disappointing. Took my daughter to Indy, arrived on Thursday. Went to the park for warm ups for Cadets and Crown. Stayed at Marriott downtown and had tix to Semis and Finals 7th row in PR block. Woke up Friday not feeling well. By noon got tested positive for COVID. Drove home to Nashville that evening with 101°-102° fever. Missed the whole thing. 😥

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Last week was very disappointing. Took my daughter to Indy, arrived on Thursday. Went to the park for warm ups for Cadets and Crown. Stayed at Marriott downtown and had tix to Semis and Finals 7th row in PR block. Woke up Friday not feeling well. By noon got tested positive for COVID. Drove home to Nashville that evening with 101°-102° fever. Missed the whole thing. 😥

So sorry to hear this. Please feel better soon.

Final comments before moving to the 2024 thread:

Can’t help but wish the staff would have continued to add to the show. It ultimately ran out of steam or imagination while the other shows continued to evolve. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the show immensely, but as I reflect on the season I find myself yearning for more of a late season push. 

I really enjoyed this forum and chatting with all of you this year. Looking forward to more to come!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

Final comments before moving to the 2024 thread:

Can’t help but wish the staff would have continued to add to the show. It ultimately ran out of steam or imagination while the other shows continued to evolve. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the show immensely, but as I reflect on the season I find myself yearning for more of a late season push. 

I really enjoyed this forum and chatting with all of you this year. Looking forward to more to come!

👍👍👍👍

I was hoping for more big splashes of color. Oh well, I’m not on staff.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 9:54 AM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Agreed. I think back in the top 5 next year is pretty definite and beyond that is up to how much turnover there is in MM's and staff. I know a lot of folks were disappointed a bit in 2021 being non-scored year and a lot was floated about cost vs ROI. But if you're going to put it out there, Harmonic Journey might have been the best recruiting tool anyone could hope for. It was a brilliant seed to plant in young fans minds and really should start to fully bare it's fruit of influence in 2024. 

2022 was a good, solid show. I think it was the hingepin year where PR realized that they could use props effectively (like the top 6 have for a number of years) and the gods would NOT in fact rain down hell on earth for breaking tradition. But it was tentative. Now we take that experience and add some more pieces unto playing the game in 2023 and how about that 'ish????....you cats are a fully modernized drum corps ready to take on the world!

It takes time, faith and a willingness to lose it all to cut against the grain and reinvent yourself. PR has done that. Now they have a vehicle. Next year you won't have as many student drivers at the wheel of that vehicle. Experience leads to championships. 

I really love this corps. Well done PR. You should be proud. 

I've consistently told my peers that if it wasn't for 2021, there would be no 2022 or 2023. I loved those kids for going out and doing it for nothing more than the love of the activity. 

• Like 3