Blue Devils in the Details 2023

Just now, ContraFart said:

It's funny because both of those years I thought BD should not have won 

BD shouldn't have won those years. Bloo and SCV were better, and they won fair and square. No excuses. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

Drum corps fans will generally interact and follow all corps on social media and BD happens to have some of the best social media engagement out there, so I don't think that's the best measurement. 

So what is the best measurement? BTW by my counts BD social media has less BD fans than a neutral account like Drum Corps Coffee Shop, whose 15M views I saw were not the result of social engagement but pure and unadulterated fandom.

8 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

Well, I wouldn't call it BS that's being spewed. It seems to me to be a form of overt exaggeration. 🙂

Your being nice, i am calling the spades as i have been observing them... LOL...  They will soon say i am being snarky.

There are some real heartfelt criticism that make sense, but there are some BS ones that come from another place that don't make any sense. Seen all of them and i can pick them out based on how and what is being ranting on about. In general they point out things in BD they don't like, while skipping over, or making excuses for other corps for the same things. If they going to call things out, then call out all the corps whose guilty of it. Call out DCI for not rewarding what you like and not pick on BD, at least BD will change direction as soon DCI decides to reward something else. IDk 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

BD shouldn't have won those years. Bloo and SCV were better, and they won fair and square. No excuses. 

Sorry I got mixed up. BD should not have won 2017 and 2019. Crown and Bloo had better shows 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Your being nice, i am calling the spades as i have been observing them... LOL...  They will soon say i am being snarky.

There are some real heartfelt criticism that make sense, but there are some BS ones that come from another place that don't make any sense. Seen all of them and i can pick them out based on how and what is being ranting on about. In general they point out things in BD they don't like, while skipping over, or making excuses for other corps for the same things. If they going to call things out, then call out all the corps whose guilty of it. Call out DCI for not rewarding what you like and not pick on BD, at least BD will change direction as soon DCI decides to reward something else. IDk 

Well I'm pretty sober about it because I've seen fandoms like Harry Potter and Batman get blown way out of proportion. It's lonely at the top. :)

• Haha 1

Just now, resipsaloquitur said:

hence we both agree with @greg_orangecounty that "DCI judging "rewards" it because no other corps is better in whatever year Concord wins.  :

That's not true. Crown was better in 09 and 17, Bloo was better in 19, both Boston and Bloo were better last year. I don't dispute 10 and 14

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

Sorry I got mixed up. BD should not have won 2017 and 2019. Crown and Bloo had better shows 

Again That's your honest opinion like some others, but so does so many others who disagree with you. See the drift here..

• Like 4