Steve Vickers & Drum Corps World

A heartfelt thank you to Steve and his staff for an incredible summer of drum corps reporting. Your work is truly appreciated!

https://www.drumcorpsworld.com/51-10/

• Like 9

Amazing read and so well done! Bravo to DCW! 

• Thanks 1

Time to give credit to all the work Steve and his crew have put into DCW over the years! Always a quality product. Just asking the newbies who aren’t familiar with his work to give it a look see and maybe get involved in the reporting community! Drum Corps is evolving and new fans need to bring their perspective to the activity.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 3

I Called Steve to express my own Personal message of Appreciation and Gratitude for another summer of DCW's incredible, pictorial, informational issue filled with Solid Reporting cover to cover, throughout every edition during the 2022 DCI Summer Tour. Along with my Congratulations on his Teams Superb latest DCI/DCW August 17th Season ending Edition.

I've had the incredible pleasure of sharing my own 58+ years of Drum Corps experiences and stories with him over many years. Our conversation today, as always, was delightful, informative, and pure Blast of the Past, Present while we both expressed our hopes for the activities bright future. Steve, defined is a Walking/Talking and Entertaining walking encyclopedia of all things Drum Corps, Coast to Coast and Internationally.

Quite Simply, I find Mr. Steve Vickers to be one of most respected and an "Iconic" figure, in the Whole World of Drum Corps History. I can only imagine what it must be like for him to experience and witness his "Legacy" come into fruition in his Lifetime! BRAVO!

• Like 2

Steve is great, no doubt about it!!! 

• Like 1

i share emails with Steve often, as i was on DCW staff for several years. tough to write up a show with a 10 year old asking tons of questions LOL. but i remember joking one year in Scranton with him ( his seats were in front of mine, and we chatted) about writing, and boom...the next year i got my first assignment....and a storm broke at show time and it was cancelled. what little i wrote up he published, and boom!

my favorite memory was getting a 911 call to cover DCA prelims the first year in Annapolis...20+ corps. over half first reads...my daughter was born that summer, so i saw little. but a fresh tablet and i arrived.....and at a break, i left it at my seat....and it poured. it took 2 days to dry out, and 3 days to be able to read enough of it to make a decent article. but he patiently waited.