SpyFly! Design team meetings leaked!

grimmo

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I think I'm about to start; I've heard it's great & been winning many awards? On one of the news programs on the Queen's passing, some of the talking heads were referencing it the other day.  The Guilded Age is pretty good & I really liked The Undoing mini series...  

I watched The Gilded Age.  Same people who brought us Downton Abbey.

If you like dark humor, Succession is for you.  They say it’s not based on Rupert Murdoch and his dysfunctional family but I call BS. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

If you like dark humor, Succession is for you.  They say it’s not based on Rupert Murdoch and his dysfunctional family but I call BS. 

I just taught the Gilded Age to my 11th graders. Seems like a bleak era to make a show about, but I live for bleak shows. I'll have to check it out!

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 4:12 PM, Terri Schehr said:

To be fair, I think part of that is that not strictly basing it off the Murdochs means you can incorporate other rich family dysfunctions. E.g. the end of season 1 seems to be much more Kennedys than Murdochs.

6 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

To be fair, I think part of that is that not strictly basing it off the Murdochs means you can incorporate other rich family dysfunctions. E.g. the end of season 1 seems to be much more Kennedys than Murdochs.

Somethin’.  They’re the most dysfunctional family I’ve ever seen.  I’m enjoying the hell out of it.  I’m in the middle of season two and I was lmao.  Roman is hilarious. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

More leaks!!

Cadets

Identities removed following legal advice!

XXX:  ...so we want to build on 22 but go further towards that Cadets innovative vibe. Being bold, risky, zagging when others have only just started zigging. Y'all know the gig.

With this in mind we are looking at a new production simply entitled......"George".

<Sharp intakes of breath>

XXX: We're gonna do music by George Gershwin, George Harrison, George Michael and Boy George.  We're gonna have visuals inspired by George Lucas, George RR Martin and George Foreman!
..and we'll overlay narration from the very greatest George.......Clooney!!

<Applause breaks out and then subsides>

XXX: Boss, there might be an elephant in the room with this idea....what about..the George we..err.. no longer mention?

XXX: Well I'd say-

<REDACTED>

Blue Stars

MS:  We've been through all the end of season feedback and War and Peace was well received, but it seems more than a few of our fans didn't think it was literal enough compared to years past, so maybe we should look at that first. 
Oh, and I think we were a few guard short this past season so we'll definitely add more for 23.

JW:  Hmm, more literal. I see where you're heading. So we could play, say, Russian Easter Overture and literally have guard dressed as Cossacks using Easter Eggs as props?

MS: Exactly Jim...but we can't go toooo literal...for example the eggs couldn't actually be made of chocolate as they'd melt before we even got out of June. 

KF: Sorry guys, I'm not really getting it.

MS: No problem Kevin. Another example might be that we play some pop music, I dunno, Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera and we have on the field...

KF: Lots of Christina's?

MS: Nearly. Have another go.

KF: A genie?

MS: Yes! And if it starts out in a giant bottle prop all the better.

KF: Now I'm with you! Maybe we could take another look at my Johnny Cash idea, and for Ring of Fire we could-

MS: Whoa Kevin! One step at a time there!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SpyFly said:

Cadets

Identities removed following legal advice!

XXX:  ...so we want to build on 22 but go further towards that Cadets innovative vibe. Being bold, risky, zagging when others have only just started zigging. Y'all know the gig.

With this in mind we are looking at a new production simply entitled......"George".

<Sharp intakes of breath>

XXX: We're gonna do music by George Gershwin, George Harrison, George Michael and Boy George.  We're gonna have visuals inspired by George Lucas, George RR Martin and George Foreman!
..and we'll overlay narration from the very greatest George.......Clooney!!

<Applause breaks out and then subsides>

XXX: Boss, there might be an elephant in the room with this idea....what about..the George we..err.. no longer mention?

XXX: Well I'd say-

<REDACTED>

Your Cadets leak is brilliant.  Especially the "REDACTED" portion.  :spitting:

I could see a Ohio State style visual segment with the George Foreman grill...  🤔