2001 Cadets

7 hours ago, MikeN said:

For me, it was a good show if not a great show.  I think the corps turned it into a top 3 vehicle through their performance rather than the design.  That said, both Moondance and Farandole are all-time-classic earworms; good luck getting *those* out of your head after you hear them!  

Mike

They're STILL in my head. 

• Like 1

Probably one of their best Bb hornlines, to this day even. Loved YPG, and the ballad is beautiful and has some classic Cadets mellophone moments.

Caught me feeling a little nostalgic tonight. 😊

edit: Classic Cadets ending, too. They should do another one of these types of shows soon. 🤔

Edited by JayM

18 minutes ago, JayM said:

Probably one of their best Bb hornlines, to this day even. Loved YPG, and the ballad is beautiful and has some classic Cadets mellophone moments.

Caught me feeling a little nostalgic tonight. 😊

edit: Classic Cadets ending, too. They should do another one of these types of shows soon. 🤔

I agree. But I'm also and excited you marched Cavies 2003. 

Edited by 2000Cadet

16 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I agree. But I'm also and excited you marched Cavies 2003. 

It's a fun show to have marched, especially nowadays. It seems to have aged very well, but I'm pretty sure these boards (and everyone else) had us in 3rd back then, behind the Cadets. 🤪

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JayM said:

It's a fun show to have marched, especially nowadays. It seems to have aged very well, but I'm pretty sure these boards (and everyone else) had us in 3rd back then, behind the Cadets. 🤪

I was supposed to age out in 2002, but joined the Navy after tour in 2000. I always said if I was born a year later, I would have wanted to march Cavies 2003. That show was incredible. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MikeN said:

For me, it was a good show if not a great show.  I think the corps turned it into a top 3 vehicle through their performance rather than the design.  That said, both Moondance and Farandole are all-time-classic earworms; good luck getting *those* out of your head after you hear them!  

Mike

Agree. I remember that both brass and percussion were stunning. I think their brass section was undefeated all season until Finals or maybe semifinals. Still top 3. And they won percussion. Guard was great and they marched their tail-ends off. GE and overall visual were solid but not their strength. But performance in MM, Brass, Percussion, and Guard were simply amazing. And I love the closer. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Agree. I remember that both brass and percussion were stunning. I think their brass section was undefeated all season until Finals or maybe semifinals. Still top 3. And they won percussion. Guard was great and they marched their tail-ends off. GE and overall visual were solid but not their strength. But performance in MM, Brass, Percussion, and Guard were simply amazing. And I love the closer. 

MAN if that visual were clean, I believe they'd have won. 

Edited by 2000Cadet

Love this show. 

Glad to see it get love on DCP 22 years later..

I was lucky enough  to see it live. I attended  a show at Disney’s Wide World of Sports that year. Early season show where BD came east and toured Florida, along with the Cavaliers. The show was on a baseball diamond and the seats were rather strange in terms of perspective to the field. But because of those weird angles,  the sound was awesome.  The angled seats made it feel like you were sitting on top of the corps. 

While BD definitely thrilled with their show, (which to this day is also one of my favorites)… I remember The Cadets that night were on fire. The beginning hit of Young Person’s-  playing the 16th note runs- I was floored at the precision of that horn line. But it was really the whole show that was just jaw dropping. The crowd that night was sold. 

2001 had all of the things I love about Cadets.  Speed/movement = music. Great symphonic music played impeccably well-  including a real crowd pleaser in Moondance. Incredible drill. 

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dmlkmen said:

Love this show. 

Glad to see it get love on DCP 22 years later..

I was lucky enough  to see it live. I attended  a show at Disney’s Wide World of Sports that year. Early season show where BD came east and toured Florida, along with the Cavaliers. The show was on a baseball diamond and the seats were rather strange in terms of perspective to the field. But because of those weird angles,  the sound was awesome.  The angled seats made it feel like you were sitting on top of the corps. 

While BD definitely thrilled with their show, (which to this day is also one of my favorites)… I remember The Cadets that night were on fire. The beginning hit of Young Person’s-  playing the 16th note runs- I was floored at the precision of that horn line. But it was really the whole show that was just jaw dropping. The crowd that night was sold. 

2001 had all of the things I love about Cadets.  Speed/movement = music. Great symphonic music played impeccably well-  including a real crowd pleaser in Moondance. Incredible drill. 

We performed in that stadium in 2000 as well. I remember it well because I almost tripped over the pitcher's mound.