Mandarins 2023

18 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Ah! How could I forget that you’re in Indy?!? I’m so glad you got to be there!

Me too! They are practicing in our town. How could I NOT be there as much as possible? I even took a few days off work.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

“ …. Not to mention something big is brewing for 2024. I have no idea what it is, but anyone thinking the Mandarins will be a one hit wonder..............go ahead and do your best Cuba Gooding Jr impression and start punching the air. 

Mandarins are here to stay.

I’m already salivating over the possibilities for 2024. With 2024 being the year of the dragon, what are the odds we’ll see the color guard perform a traditional dragon dance? I can’t wait. 

• Like 4

Just now, Photographer Jim said:

I’m already salivating over the possibilities for 2024. With 2024 being the year of the dragon, what are the odds we’ll see the color guard perform a traditional dragon dance? I can’t wait. 

You can always go back to their 2007 show for that!

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

You can always go back to their 2007 show for that!

LOL. I’m too old to remember that. My memory doesn’t work past 2022! 😜

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brassboy said:

@Chief Guns Did you go check out their final rehearsal run? And if so, did you get to witness their corps anthem played to the age-outs? Makes me weep every time. Hoping some video of that surfaced soon. 

Unfortunately not brother. We had rental car trouble and had to deal with that. We just got to the stadium and we are in our seats ready for drum corps!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MandarinMom said:

Me too! They are practicing in our town. How could I NOT be there as much as possible? I even took a few days off work.

Are you here at the stadium? Wife and I are section 238, row 7, seats 3 and 4. 

25 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Are you here at the stadium? Wife and I are section 238, row 7, seats 3 and 4. 

I am in section 643 tonight. We're still on our way. I had tonight for my friend driving in from Chicago.

Just now, MandarinMom said:

I am in section 643 tonight. We're still on our way. I had tonight for my friend driving in from Chicago.

Gotcha. Well hopefully my wife and I can catch up with you before the night is over. 

My wife absolutely loves your daughter's dancing skills. Blows her away everytime she she's the opener. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Gotcha. Well hopefully my wife and I can catch up with you before the night is over. 

My wife absolutely loves your daughter's dancing skills. Blows her away everytime she she's the opener. 

That is so sweet! I would love to meet you guys!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Got spend about 45min with my son last night. 

He came and sat with me and the wife during BDs run since we had a seat open next to us. 

And he officially confirmed he is coming back to the Mandarins in 2024! 

He loves the people, staff, atmosphere. He said there is no other place he would rather be in drum corps. 

Not to mention something big is brewing for 2024. I have no idea what it is, but anyone thinking the Mandarins will be a one hit wonder..............go ahead and do your best Cuba Gooding Jr impression and start punching the air. 

Mandarins are here to stay. 

Deal with it. 

I knew the Mandarins WEREN'T going to be a one hit wonder the second I saw them live for the first time in 2022. It's amazing how they keep growing exponentially every year. 

• Like 3