Mandarins 2023

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

LMAO! Almost spit out my drink reading that. Too funny!

He has his own off campus apartment near Cal State Fullerton, which is where he goes to college. 

He is coming home to our house Saturday for a welcome home from tour dinner. Wife is making all his favorite foods. 

Please tell him that we had a LOT of fun rooting for him this season, and please thank him for being a part of such an iconic show!

I look forward to rooting for him as long as he chooses to march. Even if he ends up at BD.... lol

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Please tell he that we had a LOT of fun rooting for him this season, and please thank him for being a part of such an iconic show!

I look forward to rooting for him as long as he chooses to march. Even if he ends up at BD.... lol

I will let him know. I appreciate all of you and the support and love the Mandarins have gotten. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

He is coming home on Saturday, so I can ask him. But I think they extended the final chord in the closer when they are spinning the members. I believe my son said it was extended to 24 seconds. So that could be the change? 

I believe they added those extra measures at NightBEAT (which made me VERY happy). But I was definitely expecting some extra layer to be added for Allentown or Indy. Safe travels home to your son! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Chief Guns @MandarinMom

Pretty cool that they were also voted Flo's favorite ballad.  Doesn't come with anything other than pride, but shows the show resonated with the audience!

https://fb.watch/mX8_kEoWC4/

• Like 6

5 hours ago, spacewill said:

@Chief Guns @MandarinMom

Pretty cool that they were also voted Flo's favorite ballad.  Doesn't come with anything other than pride, but shows the show resonated with the audience!

https://fb.watch/mX8_kEoWC4/

Heck yea! I called it when I first heard Take me to Church at Family Day. I knew it had a chance to be ballad of the year. And there were some phenomenal ballads in 2023!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Necro +1

Needed to ressurect this thread as for some reason the YouTube algorithm fed me this gem.

Those kids seemed to have a great experience all year.  The bit in the tunnel with them singing along with Bloo and Boston was 100% a "welcome to the upper tier" moment.  

RIP that euph at about two minutes in though.  🤣

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Necro +1

Needed to ressurect this thread as for some reason the YouTube algorithm fed me this gem.

Those kids seemed to have a great experience all year.  The bit in the tunnel with them singing along with Bloo and Boston was 100% a "welcome to the upper tier" moment.  

RIP that euph at about two minutes in though.  🤣

Awesome! What is the chorale @7:55? Sounds familiar, almost nautical. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Awesome! What is the chorale @7:55? Sounds familiar, almost nautical. 🤷‍♂️

Down the comments someone asked and the response it's Brahms Symphony 1

• Thanks 1