Sinning in Sactown (Capital Classic, July 10, 2023)

The last World Class California competition tonight is also the Mandarins home show. It won’t be on Flo, but it’ll be my one and only chance to see these corps live this season. Looking forward to getting my face melted by the brass lines, as West Park HS has no track and the front of the pit goes right up to the stands. 

Lineup & Times
All times PT and subject to change

6:30 PM  Welcome & National Anthem

6:45 PM  Impulse - Buena Park, CA

7:00 PM  Golden Empire - Bakersfield, CA

7:15 PM  Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

7:30 PM  Gold - San Diego, CA

7:45 PM  Intermission

8:15 PM  The Academy - Tempe, AZ

8:32 PM  Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

8:49 PM  Blue Knights - Denver, CO

9:06 PM  Blue Devils - Concord, CA

9:23 PM  Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

9:40 PM  Encore - Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

9:48 PM  Scores Announced

• Like 7

2 hours ago, brassboy said:

The last World Class California competition tonight is also the Mandarins home show. It won’t be on Flo, but it’ll be my one and only chance to see these corps live this season. Looking forward to getting my face melted by the brass lines, as West Park HS has no track and the front of the pit goes right up to the stands. 

Lineup & Times

Wife and I are so bummed we can't make the home show. We are really sad about it. 

Any and all updates would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also if you can get a couple of pics of our son, the wife would appreciate that so much!

In the opening set, he is the contra on Side 2, all the way in the back around the 24 yd line. He has his fro pulled back in a pony tail, so he looks like one of the Wild Samoans from WWE. Lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Wife and I are so bummed we can't make the home show. We are really sad about it. 

Also if you can get a couple of pics of our son, the wife would appreciate that so much!

In the opening set, he is the contra on Side 2, all the way in the back around the 24 yd line. He has his fro pulled back in a pony tail, so he looks like one of the Wild Samoans from WWE. Lol.

I’ll see what I can do!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

You of all people do understand the impossibility of focusing on one thing in Sinnerman because 5,386 things are going on at once at any given moment in this show! 😂 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, lawdn said:

You of all people do understand the impossibility of focusing on one thing in Sinnerman because 5,386 things are going on at once at any given moment in this show! 😂 

Yea I might be setting up @brassboy for failure LMAO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Well if he sends me a pic and it's someone else's kid, we will still love and appreciate it anyway lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Well if he sends me a pic and it's someone else's kid, we will still love and appreciate it anyway lol. 

Haha I’m pretty sure I know which one is your son. I think the Mandarins Contras IG did a meet-the-members post with him a little while ago. ☺️

• Like 3

3 hours ago, brassboy said:

Lineup & Times

Have been eagerly awaiting this show so as to see the corps live. You mention that the stadium has no track ( great); how high are the stands?  We plan to get there early to grab seats as high up as we can. Just wondering as most HS stands are not high enough to give me the full field perspective I’d like. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Photographer Jim said:

Have been eagerly awaiting this show so as to see the corps live. You mention that the stadium has no track ( great); how high are the stands?  We plan to get there early to grab seats as high up as we can. Just wondering as most HS stands are not high enough to give me the full field perspective I’d like. 

The stands are pretty low, unfortunately. When DCI shifted all the shows around due to the Rose Bowl scheduling snafu, I believe it caused Mandarins to lose the larger stadium they originally planned to use. Definitely get there as close to the 4:30 gate opening as you can to get your pick of seats. 

• Thanks 1