Sinning in Sactown (Capital Classic, July 10, 2023)

Just now, MGCpimpOtimp said:

No Mandarins pictures?

They perform last (i.e. probably right now)

30 minutes ago, brassboy said:

IMG-5786.jpg

Blue Knights:

if the entire show felt like their intro, I think they’d be a shoo-in for finals. As it is, they are LOUD, but at many times they’re pushing just a bit edgy. But that volume definitely generates some excitement (if not ear fatigue). I don’t care for the narration, as there doesn’t seem to be any type of arc happening (it seems to be saying the same thing throughout the show). I actually heard the bass drum pitch change although not being a drum guy I’m not sure I can appreciate what it may have added.  Great job, BK!

The fictitious story arc I’ve created is it’s about someone searching for the exit after finishing their bartending shift at the leather bar. 😜

• Haha 2

Sorry, forgot to take a pic of Mandarins! Felt like a really solid and settled run for them. That show is just so dang cool. The writing, transitions, pacing are all SO top-notch, and they seem really solid across all captions. We’ll see if that performance was enough for an 80, but I wouldn’t argue with it if that happened. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

Sorry, forgot to take a pic of Mandarins! Felt like a really solid and settled run for them. That show is just so dang cool. The writing, transitions, pacing are all SO top-notch, and they seem really solid across all captions. We’ll see if that performance was enough for an 80, but I wouldn’t argue with it if that happened. 

ooooohhhh...Chiefs gonna be mad at ya! 🙂

• Haha 4

Mandarins:  with this show Mandarins give notice that their rise the past few years has not been a fluke. They are planning on being a permanent fixture in DCI Finals for a long time to come. Excellent show. 

• Like 8