Prefer Pursuing or Leading?

3 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

This was my son’s approach. Though he did show some excitement on the last night of 2017😎

That was a big upset! Did not see it coming. Cavies were in their own isolated slot most of 2017, and Bloo looked invincible early on. 

I’ve lived the chase and been hunted. There’s pros and cons to each, especially depending on how admin and staff handle it

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I preferred ignoring the rest and doing the best I could.

Agreed.  If I focused on what the other corps were doing...I ended up losing focus on the job that I had to do to make our performance the best it could be.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hornplayer9599 said:

Agreed.  If I focused on what the other corps were doing...I ended up losing focus on the job that I had to do to make our performance the best it could be.  

We were overworked and under rested. Not that that's unique to our era or corps, but we simply didn't have the time to care about other corps even if we wanted to.

Achieving new heights also wasn't on the radar of the members, it was in our name and baked into the whole deal 24/7.

Honestly, we all just wanted/ needed to sleep more than anything else. Can't set new standards if everyone else is resting more than you.

• Thanks 2