So (very) Cal Classic

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Cube is yellow now? I remember it being white before. 

The one earlier in the show was also white earlier this season, but that was red tonight. And now the one at the end is yellow.

Edited by brassboy

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

The one earlier in the show was also white, but that was red tonight. And now the one at the end is yellow.

I’m still getting reads on the show story so to speak. I’ve not found a synopsis analysis but not really looked either 

Tonight’s read is sort of the corps are under the sway of a puppet master and break free. But only with the aid of a rival sorcerer. And the result is that their breaking free was only an illusion as they’ve simply transferred control to a rival master. 

Edited by KVG_DC

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I would have to ask my Auntie, she marched with RCC BITD, but I think RCC still has the name "Blue Devils South" attached to them. 

RCC is actually part of the BD organizaiton for the last couple years.

• Like 1

Ok! BDB!  With what feels more than a bit of a nod to SCV 2015. But is also apparently a take of a HS show from what I’ve read 

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I’m still getting reads on the show story so to speak. I’ve not found a synopsis analysis but not really looked either 

Tonight’s read is sort of the corps are under the sway of a puppet master and break free. But only with the aid of a rival sorcerer. And the result is that their breaking free was only an illusion as they’ve simply transferred control to a rival master. 

The narration they've added (?) actually made me start to interpret the show as a much wider commentary/metaphor on regime change.

• Thanks 1

Such a well connected visual package. 

and all the fundamentals from horns to movement to guard to percussion show how that BD instruction lineage 

• Like 1

Just now, brassboy said:

The narration they've added (?) actually made me start to interpret the show as a much wider commentary/metaphor on regime change.

Yeah. That’s the underlying layer 

BDB staff looking through the Concord props warehouse: “oh there’s the Ghostlamp!”

viz designer: “hold up. Get me more of those….l

• Haha 1