Regiment T-shirt Giveaway!

Don't get too excited, it's not what you think. 

I don't know how longs it's been going on but, Regiment alumni have been bringing their old corps t-shirts to shows to give to current Regiment members. I personally think this is an AWESOME thing to do. Unfortunately, I had sent a lot of mine to the DCX Museum. I have reached out to them to try and get them back and am awaiting a response. In the meantime, while it may be too late for this year and since I won't be attending any shows in person, I am reaching out all Regiment alumni or even those of you that may have old (or not so old) Regiment, (or other corps) t-shirts to donate to the cause. 

I am willing to be the repository of the shirts and I am sure the corps would love it.

Rather than post your responses here, please just message me.

Sincerely,

430907_10150546558964858_1627669230_n.jp

Edited by Rocketman
  • Like 2

This started back in the Pat Seidling days. Between me and my mom we gave the MMs about 40 Regiment t-shirts that we collected over the years. Corps management handed them out during corps history night. They loved them and it was so cool seeing the MMs wearing them at practices. Talk about a win-win. I also donated a couple of “antique shirts” to the corps’ fundraising silent auction.

Come to think of it, I may have some extra shirts to donate to the cause. I’ll see what I have.

16 minutes ago, SJugster said:

you don't know how much the current members love this.

many are wearing them all the time. My son is said to have 7 of them and wears them often!!

He can't wait to give back too

Make sure he washes them before giving them back!😁

• Haha 1

Oh cool!

I used to have a 1988 shirt from the Romeo and Juliet show.   I think it was "Summer of Romance" or something like that?   It got into the donate bin some time ago I guess because its not with my other shirts.

All i have now is the 2020 "Summer Off" shirt I got because it made me laugh.

• Like 1

bluecoats do this with shirts and member jackets,  they gat passed down to the corps members, and the jackets get passed down in individual sections when the member that had it ages out.  not sure about the shirts, they just might be kept by the member that gets them.

Update! I talked to Bill Ives from the DCX Museum and he has agreed to send back the Regiment T's I sent him after they have been inventoried and photographed. I told him there was no rush to get it done this year. So, for anyone else that may have sent him Regiment Ts and you want to participate in this great opportunity, pleas reach out to him using the 'Contact Us' link on the DCX website - DCX - Drum Corps Xperience (dcxmuseum.org)

Thanks in advance for your participation!

• Thanks 1

Okay boss, I found a couple. What’s next? Are we amassing a large number of them and sending them at once or do we mail them to someone at Regiment directly?

I haven't heard back from Tony yet so, let's hold off until I know what to do. I am hoping to get a large number of shirts rather than just a sprinkling. 

4 hours ago, Rocketman said:

I haven't heard back from Tony yet so, let's hold off until I know what to do. I am hoping to get a large number of shirts rather than just a sprinkling. 

👍