Thank You Dan Acheson!

36 minutes ago, Tupac said:

It’s a slow night in the drum corps world, so I thought I’d take the time to thank Dan Acheson for all of his hard work and dedication to our activity. 
He successfully navigated DCI though 2 extremely tough seasons during Covid and IMO this season our activity has come back stronger than ever. 
He had a strong corps background starting with the Queen City Cadets and marched 2 seasons with Madison including 1975. 
He was a successful director of The Glassmen also before taking over as Executive Director.

i sincerely hope they find another director with the same passion and love for the marching arts to replace him. 
Enjoy your retirement Dan!

It’s well deserved. 

Let us not forget he navigated some pretty strong personalities through G7 too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Also, in spite of folks on the left coast that may disagree, making Indy the home for championships was wise. Gaining an initial 10-year lease, and then getting as extension for another ten was brilliant. Attendance has been excellent and DCI has remained steady through turbulence. 

• Like 2

Since I first started following the activity back in the mid 80’s, there are many people that have had a huge impact on DCI.  But there are two in my head that will always stand out, and whom I think don’t get enough credit for all of their hard work behind the scenes to keep DCI afloat…Bill Cook (RIP), and Dan Acheson.  There is of course Don Pesceone and the whole crew who started DCI, and they deserve kudos too.  But Bill and Dan are two very special people in my book. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dan is a diplomat among warriors. He kept all the rivals from eating each other. Were it not for his administration and people skills, Drum Corps would have disappeared years ago; instead, it continues to flourish.

If his successor has half his gifts, we'll be fine.

• Like 4

It was such a surprise when he showed up at DCI New Hampshire last night!  It was nice to get a chance to talk with him before he retires. 

Thank you, Dan for everything you do!

Every grammar school playground needs an adult monitor. He/she keeps all the kiddos from pulling hair and beating each other up over the silliest of issues. When the kids do get out of line, as they will, it’s the monitor who steps in to settle things down, fix the wounds, and make all sides believe they won the argument. THIS is our playground. Dan Acheson was our guy.

Good job, Dan, and best wishes on your retirement !

Fred

👍